“Great guide, great trip”

Duke's Kayak Adventures
Wailua River and Secret Falls guided Kayak and Hiking Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
“Great guide, great trip”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our guide, Evan, really made this trip so much more than just kayaking and hiking. He managed to highlight many amazing historical facts and really knew what he was talking about. The kayaking was so amazing, the river and the view were perfect and we absolutely had a great time. This tour is definitely something to do if in Kauai, no doubt.

Visited May 2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Evan made ancient Hawaiin history come alive”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a blast. The kayaking was really only about a third of the experience. It happens to be the only way to see the ancient history of the island. Our guide, Evan, made the trip so much fun. He highlighted the rich Hawaiian history and artifacts along the way. This was a must see for anyone interested in Hawaiian history.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Dan B
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had an awesome time on this tour. At least after my husband and I figured out how to work together to paddle our kayak, lol. The two of us had a rough start and our guide talked us through it.
Our tour guide was so genuine and seemed as though he truly enjoyed his job to have fun meeting new people. I can't believe I forgot his name!!! He was the ginger from PHILLY! He and my new husband thought it would be funny to spook me with wild hog noises....annnnd they did. I am a wimp and made myself an easy target....the whole group got a kick out of it. After awhile....even I did :) He was very personable and that made the trip so much more fun. His conversation was genuine....he didn't seem like he was talking just bc it's his "job" to entertain his guests like some other tour guides we have experienced. He made sure to reiterate different aspects of safety when hiking and the importance of complying with those instructions. If you are lucky enough to get this particular guide, I would say you're in good hands. We would take this tour again!

Visited April 2013
olathe, colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great People, Great Fun”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was a very enjoyable kayaking trip up the river. Our guide was Evan and what a great guide he was. After a nice leisurely paddle up the river on a very stable 2 person kayak, we then hikes 1.25 miles into the forest to a wonderful waterfall. Although discouraged to do so by the government, you can swim in the pool below the falls. The beauty will take your breath away but not as much as the water temperature in the pool. brrr..... sandwich lunch provided. Better to deal directly with Dukes instead of getting tickets through Boss Frogs which was actually higher than the published rate.

Visited February 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic adventure along the beautiful river”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a nice kayaking trip that would challenge us but not be overly difficult. We love the great outdoors and we love beautiful scenery. This kayak adventure was just the ticket. We found a discount coupon in the book from the resort and were surprised that it was even cheaper than what we found on AAA. We decided to chance it and were very glad we did. Our guide Evan was very cordial and enthusiastic and kept us all well informed and engaged during the trip.
We paddled about 3 miles up the river, then walked a pleasant hike to the secret waterfall where our guide gave us the lunch that had been prepared for us. We relaxed at the falls and then started our trip back.
The scenery was just gorgeous as we paddled along in the valley. We felt very at peace.

A couple of items to note, the lunch is very simple, just homemade sandwiches and chips. Some of the other tours we saw were a little more elaborate, but we thought we got well worth our money and were very pleased with our guide. We felt that he wanted to make sure we were informed about the history and nature and about safety as well.

I would highly recommend this tour.

Visited March 2013