“What's the big deal?”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lappert's Hawaii Kapaa - CLOSED

Lappert's Hawaii Kapaa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco
“What's the big deal?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I don’t understand the love for this ice cream by other reviewers. The ice cream is nothing special other than the repeated use of coconut and pineapple in the flavors. The first time I had it was at the store located in the Coconut Market Place in Wailua. The waffle cone was not all that fresh and there were ice crystals in my ice cream. I decided to give the brand another try at a more popular location thinking perhaps the first store did not see enough turnover to maintain freshness. But even on the second try, I was disappointed. The waffle cone was not any better and the flavors were quite ordinary. I officially declare that Kauai is a good place for dieting – there are no good places to eat at, plus one can save so much calories from skipping dessert.

Bowie
“One of our favorite ice cream places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

One of the first questions we asked a server our first day in Hawaii was, "are there still Lapperts on Kauai" and when he assured us there were several, we made sure to find them. We were not disappointed and the unique to Hawaii flavors, especially those with macadamiai nuts were wonderful. The ice cream is not inexpensive, but the quality is top notch and there is a good selection of flavors. One of Hawaii's best.

Chino Hills, California
“Real Good Ice Cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I love ice cream, and when I'm in Hawaii I always have Lappert's. My favorite flavors are Heavenly Hana (Rocky Road) and Kauai Pie. Since I stay in Princeville in Kauai, I go to Lappert's in the Princeville Shopping Center. This place can get crowded at times but it's worth the wait.

Visited August 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Lapping it up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Always the best Kauai ice cream place! Service always friendly and scoops are full! I love Kona Coffee ice cream with vanilla macadamia nut. Yumm!

Visited August 2013
michigan
“Treat Yourself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Excellent ice cream. If you Are near one definitely stop in and give it a try you won't be sorry. Mint chocolate chunk was excellent.