“Good ice cream, so-so service”
Review of Lappert's Hawaii Kapaa - CLOSED

Lappert's Hawaii Kapaa
chicago
“Good ice cream, so-so service”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Really liked the chocolate mac ice cream. My husband's iced coffee was terrible, it was obviously old coffee. Service was quick just not so friendly as the other places we visited.

“It's good, but...”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a tough time finding Lappert's in the Coconut Marketplace (which by the way has really seen better days) and they were only open until 9PM so when we got there a little after 9 it was nice that they stayed open for us. The ice cream is good, but nothing I haven't had anywhere else. Don't make a special trip for it, but if you're passing by and want some ice cream, then it'll fit the bill.

Shasta, CA
“Lappert's Ice Cream an Hawaiian Vacation tradition”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We love Lappert's Ice Cream! Over the years it has become a tradition to have a scoop while we're in Hawaii on vacation. This year, I had a single scoop, in a cup, of TuTu (passion fruit sorbet, raspberry sorbet, and coconut ice cream combo) my husband had the Mocha Java (coffee ice cream with fudge ribbon). It is a little pricey, but you can't beat the quality of the ingredients. We'll be back in October. Oh, we visited their newest store on Kauai at the Kukui Ula shopping center. Go on a Wednesday late afternoon and stroll through the "culinary market" (not really a Farmer's Market, but a culinary delight. 12 layer lasagna, pie, biscotti, etc.).

• Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
“So what's the big deal?”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Lappert's Ice Cream I visited was at the dilapidated Coconut Marketplace in Kapa'a. I went there for a little ice cream in the evening. It was on the expensive side, and frankly don't get what the fuss is all about. It's ice cream, it's pretty good, but not clear what the fuss is all about? I had a scoop of the Macadamia Nut and Cookies & Cream. It was quite good, but equal to anything I can get in California. I guess when you are thousands of miles away from the mainland, it's a "must have" ice cream!

• Visited July 2013
Poway, California
“Creamy THE BEST!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I love their ice cream it is so creamy!! they have the best flavors it never disappoints it has become a tradition to get an ice cream here every time we go to Hawaii. there single scoop was a huge portion I was pleasantly surprised. I went to the one in Coconut Grove.