“I love this store!”

Hee Fat General Store
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Kapaa
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I love the ambience of being in one of the oldest buildings in Kapaa and I love, love, love the inventory. There are lots of places to shop on Kauai, but you won't find some of the items in Hee Fat's anywhere else. I recently decorated a room in my home "Island Style" and purchased many of the items I used in Hee Fats. The staff is always friendly and helpful and wrapped fragile items securely for me. I visit here on every trip to Kauai!

1  Thank Cheryl G

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I bought this shaved ice by accident at or beside the General Store because they were promoting a free scoop of macadamian ice cream with their shaved ice if you had made a purchase of so much. I was actually in the General Storew and the accompanying gift shop beside it and didn't even know about the shaved ice available for purchase there. Well, I had found the cutest gold-threaded women's cowboy hat and after purchasing it, they gave me the coupon for the shaved ice. I didn't even know about the promotion until they handed me the coupon. Surprise, surprise. This one was my favorite shaved ices of those I've tried so far. The guy behind the window was absolutely friendly and helpful (not something I have experienced at other shave ice places served by often bored disgruntled teenagers). The treat itself tasted heavenly and to top it off, they served it in this flower-like hard plastic cup whose large surrounding petals caught any of the ice that might fall. Most places serve it in a plain paper cup and a lot of it falls down the edges. I absolutely LOVED IT!

1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Huge servings, prompt friendly service, great flavors, especially the natural ones. Only downside is there is no good shady place to sit to enjoy your quick-melting treat; the sidewalk benches are pretty exposed to sun and noisy traffic.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Worth a visit. Our 14-year-old granddaughter spent a fair amount of time perusing the stock and she was tickled by the name. As was I.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were in Oahu for 11 days before arriving on the island of Kauai and the kids had been asking for shave ice the whole trip. Are we glad we waited! With 6 children we were looking for value for money and we found it! Not only was the price competitive, the service was fantastic as the lady was very patient while the children picked out their 3 flavours. Nothing was a problem.....
The servings were very generous with just the regular size and yummy too.
I've observed other shave ice places and they are more expensive with less generous servings. Treat the kids for their shave ice experience here...