“Best shave ice!”

Hee Fat General Store
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Kapaa
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Got a referral to this place out of a guidebook. Boy, were they right. Reasonably priced and awesome. This is place a definitely a "must visit" spot during your vacation.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The "blue guidebook" claimed this place had the best shave ice on Kauai. Lucky for us, our condo was only a block away. We got the regular size shave ice which was huge. I can't imagine how big the large size is. We got ice cream on the bottom and one of the specials that was listed on the board. The guy working behind counter recommended the most popular one to us. He was very friendly and outgoing. We've had shave ice at other places on the island, but this one has just the right amount of syrup and the ice was light and fluffy. This is a definitely a place to stop at when in Kapaa or driving through.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Nice people, good shave ice, get the macadamia nut ice cream at the bottom. I could have eaten 1 every day.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

very cute little shop in kapaa town. very nice items. friendly and helpful service. agree with everyone that it is some of the best shave ice on the island. and a few of the girls that work there are quit some eye candy while shopping! all and all, great place!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stopped in because we liked the name when we saw it. I picked up a 'free kauai coupon book' that had a coupon in it. It was for a free scoop of vanilla mac nut ice cream with the shaved ice. We had a combo root beer/coconut with the ice cream at the bottom. I loved it. I'm just sorry that I came on vacation in the middle of a diet and I couldn't have this every day!