“Great gear with a smile!”

Snorkel Bob's Kauai
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Snorkel Bobs was friendly and helpful. We rented snorkel gear and boogie boards from them and bought tickets for Luau Kalamaku (which we thoroughly enjoyed!) and Holo Holo Charters Na Pali Adventure Tour tickets (also enjoyed!!). Snorkel Bob also gave us a map of the best snorkel beaches on the island. We recommend Snorkel Bobs for your snorkel gear rentals!

1  Thank XsuzqX

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Snorkel Bob's was super friendly and knowledgeable. We had decided to use them based on the recommendation's of several friends who had rented equipment from them while in Kauai. They had three level's of snorkel masks, the cheapest kind, the mid range, and the higher end expensive. We went with the mid level masks, and it was totally worth it. I have rented cheaper gear before from other outfitters on previous trips and had trouble with the masks and the tubes.

Rowdy helped us and was super cool and chill (not rowdy at all!). He was patient and was able to answer all of our questions and offer advice on gear, where the best snorkeling was and the conditions in the water.

I have prescription glasses and they had prescription goggles too. Rowdy was able to help and It turned out with the type of prescription I have that I could use just regular non-prescription goggles. He also made sure our fins were the right size. He let us know right up front that the conditions on the island were not good and/or safe for snorkeling the first few days we were there and that we could stop on in anytime or give him a call for updates. He let us know that because of the conditions we could come back another time to rent the gear when conditions improved. Because it was charged by the week, we went ahead and rented the equipment that day because we were only going to be on the island for 6 days total.

They have a convenient drop off box for before or after hours so you don't have to make it back by 5:00pm to get the gear back. You can use your gear until the last minute!

We did have a slight problem, as my friend's mask was a bit leaky and once we were out in the water she determined her fins were too tight. We took them right back to Bob's and they determined her mask was faulty and exchanged the mask and the flippers with no problem.

Even despite the faulty gear, I will use Snorkel Bob's the next time I travel to Kauai!

Thanks Bob and Rowdy!

5  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My daughter and I just returned from Kaua'i. I haven't snorkeled in years. She had never snorkeled. The people at Snorkel Bob's were so helpful. They didn't try to push expensive gear on us. Let us try what we asked for, and said we could change if we wanted to. Super friendly, super helpful. Can't wait to go back.

2  Thank bmolloy
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved renting snorkel gear at Snorkel Bob's. There are a lot of locations but the one on Hwy 56 going through Kaapa was especially helpful. They even had prescription masks for rent which if I had known would have saved me a lot of money when I bought one specially for this trip!

3  Thank Michael C
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great customer service.
We went to pick up some gear when there was a considerably high surf and rather than letting us walk away with snorkel gear that we probably wouldn't have been able to use much, the person at the shop suggested that we try body boarding instead and suggested a few places for beginners.
Returning the boards was easy enough and it's nice that they have a drop-off option.

1  Thank Tim C