“Friendly and helpful”

Snorkel Bob's Kauai
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Loved renting snorkel gear at Snorkel Bob's. There are a lot of locations but the one on Hwy 56 going through Kaapa was especially helpful. They even had prescription masks for rent which if I had known would have saved me a lot of money when I bought one specially for this trip!

3  Thank Michael C

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great customer service.
We went to pick up some gear when there was a considerably high surf and rather than letting us walk away with snorkel gear that we probably wouldn't have been able to use much, the person at the shop suggested that we try body boarding instead and suggested a few places for beginners.
Returning the boards was easy enough and it's nice that they have a drop-off option.

1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were treated to wonderful service, the woman who helped us was a native to Hawaii, and couldn't have been more helpful.
We had come from Boss Frog's by Beaches restaurant, where the woman was unknowledgeable and rude beyond anything we have encountered on any vacation, bar none.
Snorkel Bob's was such a refreshing change!
We ended up buying a water belt, and a complete snorkel set. We were told that we could rent also, and thereby try out the equipment and if we decided to buy, the price from the rental would be put toward the purchase price in full. We decided just to buy the equipment. And we came back later in the day to rave about it to the woman at the store who helped us. We were extremely happy with her expertise and advice for our purchase.
Lovely store also, with such a good selection of equipment.
I can only HIGHLY recommend this place. Thank you Snorkel Bob's :)

1  Thank carole l
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My brother and I rented MoFlo snorkels and standard flippers for a week for about $35 each (or maybe $40 each), and it was well worth it.

A friendly staff member marked a few locations on a Kauai map, gave us free flashcards of some reef fish, and advised us to check daily surf reports on KauaiExplorer.com. He also said we were welcome to call during our week there if we had any questions or issues.

We followed his advice and had a great time seeing 6 or 7 sea turtles and almost 50 species of reef fish over four afternoons of snorkeling. We visited Anini on the North Shore once, then focused on Brennecke's / Beach House beaches on the South Shore. The MoFlo snorkels and SeaMo/ Midmo masks were nice. My brother had issues with some mask leakage, but it seemed to be partly because of his mustache and beard. My mask was great once I tightened it enough. Good visibility, very comfortable. The flippers fit great and worked well. The surf can be slightly choppy, even on the south shore in March, but although I got water in my snorkel periodically, I just popped up and spit it out.

I really appreciated the company's conservation ethic; we dove down to pick up a few pieces of plastic wrappers, a hair elastic, and part of a plastic spoon while we were snorkeling. I wouldn't want to rent from a company that sold food for reef fish or supported the saltwater aquarium trade.

4  Thank shantybird
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great value on snorkeling gear. My wife got corrective lenses for $13 a day and my son and I got regular gear for $2.25 a day. If you rent for 4 days you get the rest of the week free.

We saw a lot of variety at house beach close to the spouting horn and even saw a sea turtle!

2  Thank kchappelow