“good/fresh food and great value”
Review of Pono Market

Pono Market
Ranked #12 of 129 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 20, 2014

It is a deli shop of local fish, meat, and veggie with slight Korean taste.
We went there twice for lunch. That show they have excellent foods.
We had rolls of Ahi, shrimp with hot sauce, meat loaf, and Kimchi.
The shop is always full of customers waiting in line. But, do not be afraid, the personnels are very efficient to process them.
If you like there are several tables that you can have right after you buy food, or you can stroll to the near beach and find a bench or lawn to enjoy. We did both of them.

1  Thank Marketran

Reviewed July 18, 2014

They have several kinds of poke available and many lunch plate options. All are affordable. We didn't have problems parking, even though it was all street parking. We parked across the street in front of a cemetery. Poke was definitely flavorful and each tasted different. I tried the tako (octopus) poke because I've had lots of ahi poke already. Yummy! I like it to have a little chewiness in it. If I get a chance, I'd like to try the korean spicy one next time. Very nice crew working the place!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great food and very friendly staff. Coffee takes a bit longer to make but with every sip, you can taste the care that went into making it. Loved the boiled peanuts...could not get enough of them! Get there before noon for the best selections of food.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband went here for lunch with a group of friends and raved about the poki and laulau. He could not stop talking about this place throughout our 2 week Hawaiian vacation.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was our 4th summer returning to the island, and I'm not sure why we had not found this place sooner! We went almost everyday of our 15 day visit. They had a daily lunch special, their pork laulau was AMAZING. The staff was very friendly, and the food (Musubi, poke, Mac salad) was delicious. My son really enjoyed the spicy lobster poke bowl. EVERYTHING we had was delicious! We really missed them on Sundays, as they were closed. I took the advice of other reviewers, and we were always sure to visit them early. One day we didn't get a chance to get there until after 1pm, and almost everything was sold out.

1  Thank yellowRose30