“Greatest tour of the trip”

Wailua Kayak Adventures
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We loved the trip. Cole is so knowledgeable about the area, he added lots of tidbits along the hike that made it even more interesting. It doesn't need it however, the scenery alone stands out on its on. Make sure you wear water shoes!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was a great way to start our Kauai vacation. They have loaner shoes and hats at their hut before you start. Choose sturdy shoes as the hike through mud and many vines is too hard on your feet to wear water shoes,
We took two Tweens with us, ages 12 and 13. They were able to paddle and enjoyed the challenge of the return trip with extreme headwind. Our guide Justin was fabulous! He clipped onto my kayak on the way back as we didn't have enough power to make it. I recently injured my shoulder and was having trouble so he helped us return home.
My son was so positive and reassuring on the trip. They have kayaks you steer with your feet and this made navigation pretty easy, but hard on your toes. This trip was challenging with its kayaking, hiking and trip to the waterfall. But I highly recommend it as challenging and worth the memories.
Next time I would bring a waterproof camera to take pictures along the way as the river is beautiful. My nephew took his camera and he has gorgeous pictures, we saw lots of birds and flowers. I just wish that I could've taken pictures.

1  Thank Tracy G
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to kayak the Wailua River but did not want to do the guided tours so that we were able to take our time and see what we wanted to see. We rented out kayak from the same place that does the tours and got the for a fraction of the cost, I think it was $25 a person versus almost $100 for the tour. They gave us a map and told us where we could and could not go. The river was so smooth and very little current, paddling up river was extremely easy, even for my wife. We pulled off where the tours do so that we could take the hike up to Wailua Falls. It was a short hike, maybe 2 miles each way and not to difficult(I did it with a broken foot). I cannot begin to say how beautiful and fun the falls were. We spent well over an hour there swimming and taking pictures. We ended up seeing 2 different tours of people come and go in our time there so we were extrememly happy we did it on our own. All in all, it was one of the highlights of our trip.

2  Thank Mile_high_express
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I went on the kayak adventure with my two brothers and my mother. My brothers and I are 22-23 yrs old and pretty fit and we did not have a problem with the kayaking or hiking portion of the trip. On the other hand, my mom is 50 yrs old and not quite a world class athlete and she handled the trip very well. There was even a 65+ yr old woman in our group and she navigated the whole trip without much trouble at all. Admittedly, we had great weather and our guide told us the conditions were near perfect so a little rain might've made the trip more difficult.
Our guide was also great. His name is Cole and I highly recommend him! He is funny, kind, and knowledgeable. He even gave us a VIP tour after we saw the waterfall and told us about the history of Kauai.
The waterfall itself is absolutely beautiful. Be sure to bring a camera or phone to take pictures with (it will be safe in the waterproof bag you'll be provided with).
I would also hight recommend that you take the EARLY trip. In the middle of the day there are dozens of other kayak groups that line the trails and the river. Personally, I enjoyed having a smaller group which made it easy for us all to listen to our guide's stories and also helped us to get to know our other "tourmates". Leaving early also meant we had the entire waterfall to ourselves when we arrived (your pictures look a lot better without a bunch of strangers in their bathing suits).
Enjoy the best money you will spend on Kauai at Wailua Kayak Adventures!

2  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We took a kayak adventure and had a lot of fun! This is a lower price kayak adventure and perfect. They give you a lot of snacks and our tour guide was knowledgeable!

It was not hard or strenuous but maybe if you werent in shape it might be hard. Make sure to wear steady shoes as it can be muddy!

Great time and great waterfall!