TripAdvisor

Bobby V's Italian Restaurant Pizzeria
Ranked #50 of 147 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bobby V's Pizzeria is an authentic taste of Italy on our Island paradise. All our sauces are homemade and our ingredients are fresh and locally sourced. Our pizza is thin crust style and we'll make it just the way you like it. We're family owned and operated and our restaurant is casual and family oriented. We believe that the best way to someone's heart is through their stomach!
Reviewed December 8, 2017

The food here is terrific. We ate here twice. I especially likes the Blanco Pizza. The Penne with pesto, the ravioli, and the fettucini were all mouthwatering. They make their own sauces and they are thick and seasoned just right. The cannoli was to die for as well. Great service and friendly staff.

Date of visit: November 2017
Write a reviewReviews (830)

Reviewed December 3, 2017

We ordered take out, it was super fast and we were glad as we stayed at Plantation Hale and it was walking distance from our hotel. My husband order Spaghetti & Meatballs and I ordered Pesto Penne. They provided a small loaf of bread that was just cut, no garlic or butter on it so it was very, very bland. The pasta dishes were average, nothing spectacular, the sauces were average.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

I tried Bobby V's on recommendation from a local and because it was just across the street from our hotel. My wife wasn't feeling well so I dined alone. The place is somewhat open-air, though outside seating was enclosed during my visit due to rain and wind. Bobby V's gets lots of "to go" business, so when you arrive you may need to step up and let them know you actually want to be seated. In short, the portions were generous (I took half back to the room for lunch the next day) and delicious. I had the eggplant parmesan, which came with a bowl of penne pasta. (Did I mention generous?) Service was superb and my waitress smiled and interacted with me in a friendly manner throughout--as did other staff. A happy "find."

Reviewed November 17, 2017

You know how expensive food in Hawaii can be? So getting a 15" pizza that's big enough to feed 3 or 4 people for just over $20 is a pretty good deal. The crust was nice and thin/crispy and the sauce had a little spice to liven it up. On top of that, the fresh tomatoes and basil were tasty, all adding up to a pretty good pizza Margherita. The garlic bread was fine – it could have been a bit kore garlicky for my liking. Service was very friendly and overall I would recommend and intend to return next time I’m on this beautiful island.

I’m also giving them 4/5 Green Stars for social and environmental impact, based on these reasons:
• The person I talked to (co-owner?) grows her own eggplant and basil and gets the rest from farmers markets and local suppliers.
• They make their own marinara sauce and say that they use real mozzarella – the fact that they make a point of saying this makes you wonder about the cheese in other pizza places.
• The pizza and garlic bread both came in cardboard boxes with no excessive packaging like the silly plastic "table" doodad that sits in the middle of some pizzas (or foil for the bread). And no plastic bags.
• Overall, they seem to be very conscious to avoid wasteful packaging and to source locally and sustainably.
• They have vegan pasta options (and gluten-free pizza too).

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed November 13, 2017

Good chicken parmigiana sandwich and pizza if you prefer thin crust. Tasty sauce and bread was crusty and good.