“Loved the food and service”

Bobby V's Italian Restaurant Pizzeria
Ranked #25 of 125 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bobby V's Pizzeria is an authentic taste of Italy on our Island paradise. All our sauces are homemade and our ingredients are fresh and locally sourced. Our pizza is thin crust style and we'll make it just the way you like it. We're family owned and operated and our restaurant is casual and family oriented. We open daily at 11am and are open until 9pm except Fridays and Saturday when we close at 10pm. We've got outdoor and indoor seating for you to relax and enjoy your meal. We also offer take out and delivery. Currently we're BYOB with a corkage fee. There is a good selection of beer and wine available for sale within Coconut Marketplace. We're a perfect choice for when your heading home from the beach, your island adventure, or on your way home from work.
Petaluma, California
“Loved the food and service”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very friendly service. Excellent food, good portions.They don’t serve wine, but are happy to provide wine glasses if you bring your own. (No corkage fee.)
This business looks small from the outside but they offer more additional dinning in their outside area in back. It’s covered too.
Parking on sight is limited, however, there is easy street parking, and more
across the street in the shopping center.
You can find a discount coupon in the island coupon book, and they are on the “Idine” FF AAdvantage program, and I assume the equivalent United FF program, so you can rack up extra FF miles when you dine here as well.

Prague, Czech Republic
“Great spot for light dinner.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Place for pizzas, pastas and salads. Pizzas are the best runner, we loved salads as well. Pastas need slight improvement. Great atmosphere and friendly staff is the as good as the served food, if not better. The do not have alcohol licence, but across the street are two supermarkets, so you got your beer or vine there – and save some money. They just close early – about 9 p.m. We were here about three times and always happy. Prizes are more than adequate. Great spot!

Chicago
“Good homemade hole-in-the-wall”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our family of 4 shared bruchetta, thin crust pizza, and some penne with meatballs. The homemade sauce on the pasta was terrific....reminded me of my grandmother's. Very tasty! Service was great. We were seated outside, but then got cold and they eagerly moved us inside. Food came very quickly, but just enough time to run across the street to buy a bottle of red wine. It's BYO - no liquor license. My boys (12 & 14) loved everything.

Cupertino, CA
“Makes Frozen Pizza seem appetizing. Seriously.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

What a disappointment. I don't care who thinks this place is great, but I love pizza, and I have to wonder why this place stays in business serving such a woeful product. Sorry to be so blunt, but this place is expensive and doesn't deliver the goods when it comes to quality. Here's our story of why we think this:

We wanted to go there on a Thursday and called at 8:45 and they said they were closing up, so I ran over to Foodland and bought two frozen California Pizza Kitchen pizzas that we ate in our room. You know the drill: cardboard-ey crust, fairly bland sauce, and toppings that tasted more processed than fresh. Edible, and if you prepare it with just a bit of snap in the crust, its passable for a late night meal.

The next week my insatiable desire for pizza struck again so we decided to get a pizza from Bobby V's to take out, going for one of the "specialty" pizzas. About 20 minutes later and with my wallet over $20 lighter, I took home the prize, only to discover cardboard-ey crust, tasteless sauce, and toppings that tasted more processed than fresh. What a disappointment.

I don't know why they can't make a better pizza. Maybe the staff is under-paid, or simply lack pride in their product. Maybe the management is trying to gouge the tourists knowing that they come and go in an endless, ill-informed flow. Maybe they just don't care. But this was awful, and even my wife, who isn't nearly as picky as I am when it comes to pizza, threw a half-eaten slice back onto her plate and said "this isn't worth the calories".

Here's the great mystery: there was another pizza restaurant called Casa Bianca that was open two years ago when we last visited. It served some of the best pizza I've had... ANYWHERE. Why did they go away and Bobby V's survive? Seems like a great cosmic injustice, doesn't it? At least to pizza fans, that is...

I don't enjoy writing a review like this, any more than I enjoy feeling ripped off paying dearly for a really mediocre meal. I hope for anyone who ignores this review and goes to Bobby V's anyway that they either improve their pies, or that their other italian offerings are better.

I hope I just caught them on a really off night, but there are some pretty harsh reviews of this place posted on Trip Advisor. And after I saw their ad where they claimed "Rated Best" pizza, I thought it was worth a shot. I admit that I should have listened to the reviews, and to be perfectly honest, I'd rather have frozen pizza than return there... even though it would be just as bad it would at least be half the price.

Who knows... maybe they'll pay attention to what people are saying and up their game. I hope they do, or Foodland will stock a lot more frozen pizza.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank groovology
Clayton, Idaho
“good”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

great food great service, no beer or wine by you can take your own! nothing not to dislike here! all very good!

Visited February 2013