“Perfect, perfect, perfect location!”
Spacious Living Area with Oceanfront Views! Enjoy the ocean breezes.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Spacious Living Area with Oceanfront Views!
Enjoy the ocean breezes.
Newly tiled kitchen flooring.
King bed with TV, ceiling fan and ocean views.
King bed facing the ocean!  Moon rise and sunrise views!
Master Bathroom with tub/shower.
2nd bedroom with queen bed
2nd Full Bathroom with tub/shower
Tennis court on property
Fuji Beach
Entry to Pono Kai
Coconut Coast
Sleeping Giant
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Seagrl
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Perfect, perfect, perfect location!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

My husband, daughter, son in law, and I had a very nice stay Oct 12 through Oct 19, 2013,booked through RCI. We were assigned room 209 in the F building, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We had a limited view of the ocean between two oceanfront buildings, from the balcony and from the master. The grounds were lovely and well maintained, with tennis courts, putting green, croquet and shuffleboard. The pool was clean and inviting, and we had no problem with finding loungers at 8 am, the usual "pool time" before we were off on adventures. The koi pond is beautiful, and if you walk to the edge, the big guys will come over, stick their heads out, asking for a handout. ( There is a food dispenser in the lobby that will dispense a handful for a quarter)

Our unit was clean, beds comfortable, with your standard rattan island furnishings. It had a full kitchen, fully stocked with dishes and flatware,coffee maker, a table for 4, sofa, two chairs in the living room, with a small flat screen. We all thought the bedrooms were very attractively decorated. As noted in the other reviews, AC is only in the living room and master. The units worked well by remote control and timer in the master, and yes, there is only a ceiling fan in the second bedroom, and it does get HOT. However, we solved the issue by running the air in the living room and sleeping with the door open, and with the fan running, we were comfortable. However, honestly, we spent very little time in the room. It's Kauai! Beautiful sunrises every morning just a few steps away! Oh, and the orange fences were gone. The trail along the beach was also great for a morning walk ( or run, if you prefer)

The resort location was perfectly located for activities,making driving to anywhere on the island less than an hour, at most. Kapaa itself is quaint and inviting. There are many restaurants and shops in Kapaa itself that are within walking distance. There are at least 3 grocery stores, and Foodland signed us up for their card, providing good discounts on groceries.

Checkin was uneventful, and the staff was warm and welcoming. We had no issues with the unit, so I can't speak to response time for problems. I believe housekeeping was every other day.There was some minor construction ( new roof?) involving the covered area at the pool, but nothing disruptive. If we had an ocean view, I probably would give them a 5, keeping in mind this is not a 5 star hotel, but a condo,and more of a home away from home. (There are buildings near the very busy main road, and I'm sure I would not have been nearly as happy had we been assigned a unit in that location. ) Oh, and free wi fi in the lobby and pool area only, you have to pay a fee for in room internet.

I should add that there is no sales pressure. There is an orientation on Thursday and Sunday at 8 am, with different excursion companies making presentations and several 2 for 1 drawings, making for some very good deals on island adventures, including helicopter tours! Well worth an hour or so. Would I stay there again? I didn't want to leave in the first place!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: No ocean view, but everybody can't have one :)
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
HI
Reviewed October 24, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers

MN
Reviewed April 1, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Management Response
Apr 1, 2013
Mahalo, mahalo and we look forward to having you back! You were both a joy to have in our Pono Kai C101 unit! With warm aloha, Garden Island Properties.
WA
Reviewed August 2, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

People with disabilities Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing