“Lots of beautiful beaches and knowledgeable guide/photographer”
Review of Kauai Photo Tours

Kauai Photo Tours
Ranked #2 of 49 Tours in Kapaa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We take you to Kauai's most spectacular and beautiful photo locations! See and photograph Kauai's BEST with a local, professional photographer. We'll visit numerous off the beaten path gorgeous settings to see and experience the natural beauty that is Kauai! One amazing photo location right after another the entire time. An incredibly satisfying and rewarding Kauai island experience. We have several different Photo Tours you can choose from (Walking, Hiking, Portraits our Private tours), and DSLR camera rentals -with polarizers- also available. All of our photo tours are smaller for a more personal, quality & enjoyable experience. Most tours start between 9:30-10:30 am and return 5.5 hours later, though times can often be adjusted when needed. Designed for beginners, to advanced, to professional photographers and just Sightseers alike. Kauai is a true photographer's paradise! Take our tour early-on and have time to revisit the places you enjoyed the most during the rest of your stay!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We really enjoyed this tour. Levi was fantastic! He even showed me how to take better pictures with my cell phone. He took us to this really cool fruit farm (pay by honor system) and cut us open a coconut so we could taste the fluid, then cut it up so we could eat it. Awesome.
The only reason we didn't give 5 stars is because we felt like it was more of a beach photo tour than kauai photo tour. We saw loss of beaches but they were all beautiful.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"hidden gems"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was my 4th tour with Michelle and company. The fact that I was back for #4 should say it all. I now consider the Kauai Photo Tours team to be friends and it is great to spend the day having a lot of good fun and camaraderie. If you are new to Kauai I highly recommend scheduling this tour on day 2 or 3 so you get an immediate feel for the magic of Kauai and unique places and sights that you might not otherwise see. There is something for everyone whether you are taking pictures with an iPhone or a serious hobbyist or professional photographer, or anywhere in between. This was my 2nd tour with Levi and he is certainly engaging and entertaining, and being a native son, full of lots of local information and color. And a serious shooter, if you are serious about your craft. There are east / north shore tours and south shore tours. For 1st time visitors, the east / north is great; if you can do south, too, all the better. Whatever your choice, you will have a great day and not be disappointed.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Awesome folks! Picked us up right at the cruise ship dock, for a great day with Levi in a van with just 6 of us. When your driver heads down a dead end residential road and points at his Uncle Ron's house, then unveils this amazing view with no one else around but us, you know you have found something special. Appreciated the photography tips, the local knowledge of a lifelong resident, and the stop at the road side fruit stand selling coconuts and tangelos on the honor system.

To top it all off, I stupidly left my camera in the shop at the end of the tour. We're in their van headed back to the ship with Michelle when Kristina calls her to see if it belongs to one of us. Kristina then hops in her car and RACES to the port (I'm sure she obeyed all speed limit laws). My hubby was waiting at the gate - Michelle insisted on staying with him - until Kristina got there. I was back on the gangway letting them know he's on his way! He was the very last one on the ship. Michelle said he could come sleep on her couch if we left him - now that is just above and beyond the expected customer service! Thanks, Kauai Photo Tours!

1  Thank Kathie M
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We tried to do this tour at the start of our trip so we would get a better feel for the island. Kent took us to some out of the way beaches we would never have known were there. And what beautiful beaches!! We had lunch at a local food truck and the food was very good. I'm not sure we would have eaten at a food truck on our own. I've given the tour 5 stars because I think the tour was great. I wish Kent had talked more about how to get the best shots, or more local information and a little less about his own personal life, but he did take us to some great spots. We went back to several later in the week. This was definitely a highlight of our week.

2  Thank VikkiSuzanne