“Had a great day...”

Kauai Photo Tours
Ranked #2 of 50 Tours in Kapaa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We take you to Kauai's most spectacular and beautiful photo locations! See and photograph Kauai's BEST with a local, professional photographer. We'll visit numerous off the beaten path gorgeous settings to see and experience the natural beauty that is Kauai! One amazing photo location right after another the entire time. An incredibly satisfying and rewarding Kauai island experience. We have several different Photo Tours you can choose from (Walking, Hiking, Portraits our Private tours), and digital SLR camera rentals -with polarizers- also available. All of our photo tours are smaller for a more intimate, personal, quality & enjoyable experience. Most tours start between 9:30-10:30 am and return 5.5 hours later, though times can be often adjusted when needed. Designed for beginners, to advanced, to professional photographers and just sightseers alike. Kauai is a true photographer's paradise! Take our tour early-on and have time to revisit the places you enjoyed the most during the rest of your stay. Snacks and drinks Included on all tours! Visit our website for a complete list of information, pricing and photos. (Group tours are $119 per person and Private Tours are $439 and *include* two people and $75 for each additional over two.) Mahalo!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Calgary, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Had a great day...”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We took the photography/hiking tour on September 23, 2013 which was my birthday. Our guide's name was Kent, and he was very knowledgeable, and was a lot of fun to be around. We saw places, and beaches that we wouldn't of seen or heard about if we hadn't been on this tour. I'm the one who loves to take pictures, but my husband had just as much fun on this tour as I did. Kent had snacks and drinks, so you don't need to worry about taking any, we stopped for lunch at a local food truck in Hanalei. I would definitely suggest this tour to my friends and family, and would go again when we are back in Kauai. The hike down to Secret Beach is a bit steep, so I would suggest that anyone taking this tour be in pretty good health because it definitely gets your heart rate up, we are hikers and some websites rate it as easy, but I would not rate it as that.

Farmington, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much fun and educational”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went on the tour first full day on the island. Learned my way around, and took some amazing photos. Levi, our guide, took us by a local fruit stand where we ate a fresh coconut. Levi, who grew up on the island was fun and took us to lunch at a local food stand which was very good. Thank you Kauai Photo Tours!

Weymouth, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“So glad we took this tour”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We recently took the walking tour with Matt as our guide. We found him to be both knowledgeable and engaging. There were six people on this tour and Matt had time to help each of us with questions specific to our equipment and/or the beautiful Kauai locations we visited. You can’t go wrong with Kauai as your subject matter! There were plenty of snacks and beverages available along the way and we made a stop for lunch at a local food truck (delicious). My husband is the photographer but I think I enjoyed this tour more than he did! We would not hesitate to recommend Kauai Photo Tours to both photographers and non-photographers alike!

1 Thank rcicruiser
Lake Stevens, Washington
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Another great time with Kauai Photo Tours”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

A few years back I went to Kauai for the first time and found Kauai Photo Tours with the help of TripAdvisor. I liked the tour so much, that last week I went a second time. I had bragged to my friends about what a wonderful time I had on the photo tour that one friend actually joined me. We lucked out and Levi was our guide again. Having a local as your guide truly is the only way to see the best spots of the island. Levi provided a very entertaining afternoon. I appreciated his tips on changing point of view to get a different picture than the rest of typical tourist pictures. Loved the little side of the road plate lunch place in Hanalei we stopped at for lunch. My only disappointment was the weather really didn't cooperate with us. A brilliant sunny day would have put this day over the top.

Kauai Photo Tours is a great way to see the northern part of the island. Maybe my next trip I will go on a custom tour of southern Kauai.

P.S. Levi, was that the male or female pineapple tree at the lighthouse....LOL ;-)

2 Thank traveling_with_kathy
Beaverton, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“Great way to see the sites”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great value and excellent experience. While this is a photo tour and not a workshop, I got a new camera and Matt was able to share some basics with me so I was able to totally change the appearance of my photos. So happy that I took it at the beginning of the vacation. I was able to learn about the island and was able to take my husband to some of the sites later in the week. I was able to take terrific photos for our 2 week trip due to Matt's assistance. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Visited September 2013

Been to Kauai Photo Tours? Share your experiences!