“Absolutely a must when visiting Kauai. It is LEGEN.. wait for it.. DARY!!!”
Review of Kauai Photo Tours

Kauai Photo Tours
Ranked #2 of 50 Tours in Kapaa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We take you to Kauai's most spectacular and beautiful photo locations! See and photograph Kauai's BEST with a local, professional photographer. We'll visit numerous off the beaten path gorgeous settings to see and experience the natural beauty that is Kauai! One amazing photo location right after another the entire time. An incredibly satisfying and rewarding Kauai island experience. We have several different Photo Tours you can choose from (Walking, Hiking, Portraits our Private tours), and digital SLR camera rentals -with polarizers- also available. All of our photo tours are smaller for a more intimate, personal, quality & enjoyable experience. Most tours start between 9:30-10:30 am and return 5.5 hours later, though times can be often adjusted when needed. Designed for beginners, to advanced, to professional photographers and just sightseers alike. Kauai is a true photographer's paradise! Take our tour early-on and have time to revisit the places you enjoyed the most during the rest of your stay. Snacks and drinks Included on all tours! Visit our website for a complete list of information, pricing and photos. (Group tours are $119 per person and Private Tours are $439 and *include* two people and $75 for each additional over two.) Mahalo!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Went to Kauai for our honeymoon and we took the driving/hiking tour with Matt. Matt took us to some places that we would have never found in any guide book. Only a local guy would be able to take you to these spots. As an photographer Kauai is just heaven, but the spots you are taken to, just puts it up another notch. Vince, Michele, Levi, Matt and whoever else I missed, thank you so much for a wonderful experience.
I love my photos. =]

P.S. Jumping into a waterfalls is such a thrill. Trust me Matt will show you. =)

Nelson & Carelle Judan
New Jersey

There are newer reviews for Kauai Photo Tours

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Had a lot of fun taking the walking photo tour! Saw a ton of great views and learned a lot about Kauai and stuff while in the van. My tour guide was Levi and he was a lot of fun and was very helpful with photo stuff and even just general info about the island. He pointed out some famous movie spots just off the highway and even taught our group the proper way to eat poi, which they don't teach at the luau!

Would definitely recommend this excursion and the cherry on top was where we stopped for lunch - awesome hawaiian style pulled pork!!! But I'm not gonna tell you where - you have to take the tour!

Reviewed August 27, 2011

I spent the first day of a 3 week vacation on the Kauai Photo Tour drive/hiking tour. I love taking photos and have a digital SLR camera but certainly wouldn't describe myself as more than a novice. Our tour guide was Levi and he was great and provided lots of local knowledge about the island. The tour commences from Kapaa and headed up the East and North coasts, Levi took us to lots of fabulous locations which even with all the guide books I wouldn't have been able to find. He provided lots of useful information like where and how to take good shots and was very helpful in answering any photography questions you may have had. I really enjoyed meeting and interacting with the other people on the tour and 'talking' photography all day.
I would highly recommend this tour to anyone, you will have a great day!!

1  Thank Hawaii6
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband and I took our Kauai Photo tour on August 19, 2011. I have a nice camera, but am a novice, and my husband was interested in film photography, but hasn't had time in years to pursue the hobby. He was able to rent a Nikon for the tour from the shop. Michelle, one of the owners, greeted us and was friendly and helpful.
Our tour guide was Dan, and though we had a day with intermittant rain, our tour was fantastic. Dan was more than willing to help me learn more about my camera and offer tips, and had a wealth of knowledge about Kauai which he was generous in sharing.
Our only regret is that we took this tour late in our stay. We highly recommend this for anyone who has any level of interest in photography, or who just wants to see some of the most beautiful scenery on the island with friendly guides.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

If you are in Kauai, do this & do this probably on one of your first day. Whether you are into photography or if you just want to scout locations for all the other days in your trip these fine folks will take care of you.

If you think Kauai is all about the beach at your hotel, you are definitely missing things. Here are some of the pictures from my trip with these guys.

Here are some other useful details

1. The usually take you in a White Van : I think it's a Chevy Express
2. They have water + snacks on board
3. There is not much to see during the ride
4. The guides are really very nice, they earn the $$
5. They may push a polarizer to you but that is about it
6. The locations that they take you to, even if you knew where they were you could not do it all in a day.
7. They will stop for lunch at a fun place with cheap food

All the guides are nice - Matt, Levi all of them. Have fun, expect great locations this is not 5 star service but 5 star locations so set your expectations right.

3  Thank YatG

Been to Kauai Photo Tours? Share your experiences!