“Excellent combinations of food!”
Review of Hukilau Lanai

Hukilau Lanai
Ranked #3 of 124 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Excellent combinations of food!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Had many orders to sample with a group of 13. Not one thing was less than exceptional foods, including beautiful and creative arrangement, but when you taste each bite, there are layers of flavors bursting into an orgasmic experience!! Wait staff and restaurant made the perfect evening with family and friends.

1 Thank Bethany0120

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Well deserved reviews!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We've been to Kauai perhaps 15 times, but had never been to Hukilau until this trip. Wow! The food really is excellent. We went three times in 2 weeks. We got the tasting menu with wine pairings the first time. The 5 courses were all decent to excellent, especially for the price and the large amount of food you get. The creme brulee was excellent. The wine pairings were rather weak, and the last few were difficult for me to put down, so I do not recommend the wine pairings. The next two times, we ordered various appetizers, but I had the mixed grill both times. Walloo is my new favorite fish, at least how Hukilau prepares it. The pineapple salsa on the mixed grill is a thing of genius. Also, if you find a better grilled shrimp kabob anywhere, let me know. My wife enjoyed the lobster bisque. N.B. the lobster bisque is somewhat of a misnomer, as it tastes like coconut curry soup flavored with classic Thai ingredients like coconut milk, curry, lemon grass, and galangal. There is actually very little lobster flavor to the bisque, but it is excellent nonetheless. The service is quick and friendly and it seems that everyone working there is happy. The third time we went, we took our four children. The keiki menu was excellent. Despite the keiki meals being somewhat small, the kids enjoyed them. We will certainly return over and over again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank GH_ShrtOrDrCook
Plymouth
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My husband and I went to this restaurant for our last dinner on Kauai and it was amazing! The drinks were tasty and the food was fresh and delicious. My husband had the mixed plate and I had the mahi-mahi. Both were cooked to perfection.

Visited June 2014
Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
“Just right”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Of our more expensive meals on Kauai, this was the best. Flavors were all great, portions were satisfying without being excessive, and service was just right. The bread was really good. The fresh air dining was pleasant, and afterwards we strolled a bit around the resort property.

Visited June 2014
Mississippi
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I were staying at the Beachboy and were excited that we had a restaurant on property. We were even more excited when we tried the food! Even if you don't eat a full meal here you can go to the lobby, order a glass of wine and an appetizer and relax. We actually ate here twice and it was wonderful. We also ventured out to the Beach House restaurant but was not that impressed with their food and headed back to Hukilau to grab and appetizer. Highly recommend....very nice staff and great food.

• Visited June 2014