“incredible food at reasonable prices”
Review of Hukilau Lanai

Hukilau Lanai
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you enjoy great, fresh seafood then Hukilau Lanai is a must. I am finicky when it comes to seafood, I had the mixed grill and sampled the Mahi Mahi, both were wonderful. I was also pleased with the bill; thought it would be alot more than it was. highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,561)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wow this was a find, reffered to us by a local, and what a great place to dine. atmosphere is really nice, reminds me of the Frank Sinatra times. Live hawaiian music in the background and a terrific meal. we visit Kaua'i a couple of times a year and we always go to eat there at least 2 to 3 times during our stay..

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had delicious dinner on the lanai. The Butterfish (escolar) was delicious. Both the wait staff and chefs understand the menu and appreciate preparation of local fish. I highly recommend this restaurant for a wonderful meal.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Hukilau Lanai is a "must go" restaurant for us on every visit to Kauai. The setting, at a Shell Hospitality timeshare near Kapa'a, is delightful, especially if you get a table on the lanai, {and a bit of a breeze doesn't bother you. Entrees include soup or a salad, and they always have 20 red and 20 white wines 9all very nice bottles) available for $20-30 a bottle. The seafood is fresh, perfectly prepared, and well-plated. It's a great value. Try it for yourself.

1  Thank Dave F
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just quickly wanted to say that we loved this restaurant. The food was amazing (I had the Hukilau Mixed Grill and my husband had the tasting menu) and the atmosphere was great. The kid's menu was awesome as well. We had to wait 2 days for a reservation, but it was worth it! Still dreaming of the sauce with my fish...mmmm....