“Lobster Curry Bisque is fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hukilau Lanai

Hukilau Lanai
Reserve with OpenTable
Hukilau Lanai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 124 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Glendora, California
“Lobster Curry Bisque is fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Every time we come to Kauai, the bisque is tops on our list of Must-Have foods. The “Original Hawaiian Chocolate Factory” Warm Cake is on the same list!
This trip I tried the Island Gazpacho; Candied Ahi (which doesn't sound so good to me); sausage and warabi; fresh catch, and Big Island Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee --I enjoyed every bite of it! A couple Minty Mo’o's and I was a happy camper.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California, United States
“(Somewhat) Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my third trip to Kapaa/Kaui and I am VERY happy I found this place (thanks TripAdvisor). Through my previous two trips I had come to the conclusion that there was literally no good food in Kauai. Since my last visit (2006) Kauai has come into its own in the food arena. Perhaps I wasn't looking in the right places before, but I had maybe one good experience in both my visits.

I took my wife here for her birthday and was very happy with the fish (Hebi-Hawaiian Shortbill Spearfish). It was truly some of the best I've had; both in terms of the fish and the flavor/seasoning. Everyone in my party enjoyed their meal. Service has room for improvement, and I wouldn't list a timeshare complex as an ideal location, but all in all, this is by far the best restaurant in Kapaa.

Cupertino
“A great, often overlooked restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our second visit since learning of this establishment. This restaurant is a delight, and the early (5:00 to 6:00 PM) prix fixe with five courses and four wine pairings at $40.00 is THE best food bargain in the islands The chef's choice of dishes varies according to what is locally available but is always intriguing and delicious.. They also have a varied and inexpensive wine list, as well as some considerably more upscale entries; as you might expect, at the cost of the dinner, the wines were from the less expensive end of the price list but much thought and consideration went into the selection and pairing of the wines with the dishes, If you go to Kauai, eat here at least once for the prix fixe and once more to explore the menu.

• Visited October 2012
Minneapolis
“Enjoyed our experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The staff made sure to treat us well and everyone was very nice. The food was very good. The view was amazing. The one thing that didn't seal the deal was that while our server was very nice and I could tell she was a really good server (I am a server myself), she didn't check in with us until our meals were done. Fortunately everything was very good. It appeared she had too many tables which is typically rare in that type of restaurant. I wouldn't definitely recommend this place though and we did have a great experience.

Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
“Good food, open later than many others in Kapaa.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent food, pretty good service, high prices. I think that sums it up. The seafood was great, the service was fast. We picked this place as it was one of the few remaining restaurants that was open at 9 PM . Yes, this part of HI sleeps early. Turned out to be a pricey, but worthwhile choice.
If the restaurant is booked up, they'll let you sit in the lounge and order off the restaurant menu. Not ideal, but viable choice, when in a pinch.