“Best meal we had in all of Hawaii”
Review of Hukilau Lanai

Hukilau Lanai
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We called for reservations and they were full but stated we could eat in the lounge. We decided to go due to all the trip advisor reviews anyways. We were blessed to get one of the few tables in the lounge. The service was exceptional. Hina waited on us and she was by far the best server we encountered in Hawaii. The food was wonderful including the deserts. The coolest part was that Michael Keale was performing directly in front of our table. This was one of our favorite experiences in Hawaii because of the food, ambiance and Michael's soothing performance!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,561)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a beautiful evening and a fantastic meal. The setting is lovely - the service is perfect - and the meal was sublime. The calimari was the best we had ever had. My friend had the mixed grill - luscious. I had ono with ginger sauce - it was the prep for the mahi mahi, but I preferred a white fish, so they put it together for me that way. Our guide book said the portions were not exactly generous, but I did NOT find that to be the case. And the ginger martini - mmm....! This place is a gem.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

After months of research, we held our wedding reception for 20 people at the Hukilau Lanai. I don't believe we could have found a better place on Kauai. The service was spectacular, the view and atmosphere were the perfect Hawaiin experience. The fillet mignon was perhaps the best I've ever had. If you're on Kauai, take the time to stop here, you will not be dissapointed.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We came here based on TA reviews and weren't disappointed. I had the Minty Mo'o drink, which was delicious - rum, lime juice and mint. We had the calamari appetizer, then the beet/blue cheese salad and lobster bisque. For dinner, my husband had the mixed grill and I had the tuna. Everything was delicious and our server was wonderful - helpful, friendly but not intrusive. We had eaten at the Beach House earlier in the week and both agreed our meals at the Hukilau Lanai were better. This is the best meal we had in Kauai.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

all celiac people know how difficult it is to travel with food restrictions. well this place is great offering a tasting menu gluten free they even offer gluten free bread what a treat! the food was amazing the service great loved it!

2  Thank franny0153