“Beautiful setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hukilau Lanai

Hukilau Lanai
Reserve with OpenTable
Hukilau Lanai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 124 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Williamsville, New York
“Beautiful setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This restaurant was close to where we were staying. The location was beautiful. I appreciated that salads were included with the dinner entree. The passion fruit dressing was so refreshing. The salad was crisp and fresh. My husband and I had the daily catch that included 2 types of fish and a skewer of shrimp. My daughter had the monchong. All of the fish dishes were overall very flavorful, but just a bit over done. My mom had the pork tenderloin that was fabulous.
The deserts were ok. We shared the profiteroles that were filled with homemade ice cream. The chocolate lava cake was ok. Not quite sweet enough. The service was excellent.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Allentown, PA
“TA readers nailed this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Just read the reviews- little more I can add other than to pile on: we had a very, very good meal! My wife and I along with our three 18+ youngsters each ordered a different entree and all 5 of us were extremely satisfied with our meals. Having had my fill of seafood I ordered the Prime Rib and it was excellent. They have nightly entertainment as well that added to an already great ambiance. I paid similar price for a meal at other establishments on the island and didn't remotely get the quality of food served by the Hukilau Lanai... TIP: do call in ahead of time or use OpenTable as they accept reservations and sit "outside" where it is cooler with a nice breeze. I think the TA readers nailed this one!

Stow, Ohio
“Gorgeous views and delicious seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We tried the restaurant after our Wyndom concierge recommended it. The jazz flute and guitar music was a lovely addition to a delightful dinner. The calamari was lightly bread and seasoned and cooked to tender perfection. The gazpacho with a dollop of homemade pineapple sherbet was refreshing; the fish bisque elegant, smooth, and creamy. The fish was tasty and perfectly cooked.

Visited July 2013
Central California
“Excellent Dining in Kapaa, Kauai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Hukilau Lanai is on the property of the Kauai Resort at the Beachboy which is where we were staying. We each bought a different entree and all 5 of us were very satisfied with our meals. The specialty drinks were very good as well. The atmosphere was what you would expect in Hawaii and it is well worth your time to visit this restaurant during your stay.

Visited July 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Special Event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is our 3rd year celebrating our aniversary at this resturant. The dinners were excellent. In addition they comped us there aweome dessert. Truly good food. Mixed drinks a little weak- heavy on mix.