“Excellent food and service”
Review of Hukilau Lanai

Hukilau Lanai
Ranked #3 of 125 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We dined last evening at this restaurant and were pleasantly surprised at the service, presentation of the food, and taste of the food. In addition, the menu is priced reasonably. Our waiter Ryan was excellent and made the evening even more enjoyable. We would definitely return to this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Hukilau Lanai

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went back to the Hukilau Lanai for our "special" dinner last night. We have enjoyed this restaurant in the past and were not disappointed on our return visit. We were offered a great selection of fresh seafood and choose the Ono (with pineapple ginger crème sauce) and the Shitome (with the poblano cream sauce and fresh corn relish). We started with two Mai Tais (one with the house rum, the other with Koloa rum). In my opinion, the house Mai Tai is the best on the island. The Koloa rum didn't improve the taste and cost $2.00 more.

We'll be back!!!

1  Thank ShastaBear
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We oooh-ed and ahh-ed at every bite of our delectable dinner! The local catch of the day (Ono) was prepared perfectly.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My mouth is watering as I write this review!!!!......we came to the Hukilau as a recommendation of one of our tour guides and we are so glad we did!!! We arrived there without reservations and it was literally booked that whole night , luckily they have some tables at and near the bar. The waitress was very attentive and got our order fast. the salad with the house dressing was delicious my husband got the mixed grill and I got the ahi tuna med rare as recomended by our waitress... The food was out of this world delicious tender fish that melted in your mouth i almost licked the plate but that would been rude!!!!and to top it all off there was in house entertainer that was amazing!!!

1  Thank Jesusamari
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was excited to eat here after seeing it was rated so highly in Kapaa. When we arrived, I kind of felt like the host staff treated us like they were doing us a favor by letting us eat there. Really not like any other greeting we got anywhere else on our trip to Kauai.

The waitress was very nice.

The Mai Tai, was way too sweet - almost to the point it ruined dinner. For dinner we had the mixed grill, which was some shrimp, a Cajun style fish and another kind of bland one in a Thai style sauce. Cajun mixed with Thai seems a bit over-invented, Good fish should be served with a minimal amount of seasonings. The salad and the bread were good, and the view of the grounds was beautiful. But I would not go out of my way to eat here again.