“Quick meal”
Review of L & L Drive-In

L & L Drive-In
Ranked #98 of 129 Restaurants in Kapaa
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stopped in hanalei. Nothing fancy but hit the spot and not expensive. Wanted seafood and got combo with meat. It was enough to share for $10

Reviewed March 2, 2014

A variety of food, not especially Hawaiian, and not at all healthy. Lots of greasy choices, not exactly healthy stuff.

You kids will probably like it, and those not eating for longevity maybe too. Selections are inexpensive, and generally tasty. The place is clean, neat, and probably right on par with most L & L 's in the State.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This pertains to the outlet in Kapaa, jut north of the Courtyard Hotel in Kapaa. I've eaten at other outlets of this "Hawaiian BBQ" chain on differing islands. This one is by far the worst. I ordered a chicken katsu meal, a simple meal and my wife ordered some sushi already on display. We were also the only persons ordering at the time. It took nearly 20 minutes for my meal to arrive. The meat was incredibly fatty and lukewarm. The rice was mushy. My wife's sushi, on the other hand, was hard and lacking in any flavor. I had a stomach ache all night after this meal, as did my wife.
Considering the costs of meals in Hawaii, more pride in preparation should be present. Whoever is in charge of this company should take a serious look at the service and food quality provided by this franchisee.

1  Thank Bob95FXDL
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

If you're on the east side of Kauai and looking for a good takeout/ to go food, then I'd highly recommend L&L.

The price is very good ~ $10 per dish, service was quick and the food is tasty.

My favorite is the Kalbi, the pork chop was a little over cooked - but I'm sure that's just minor cooking inconsistencies. The garlic fish was very good served with brown rice & salad.

We tried the musubi (spam sushi) for the first time from L&L - a little heavy on the rice - but overall very tasty (can't go wrong on spam though).

The lady on the counter seemed new, but Jeff - either the manager or owner of the place was friendly and knows what he's doing.

Overall we have had great experience with L&L and will miss their food once we leave Kauai.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Price was right, one entree and one side $5.45. Nice selection to select from. NOT A DRIVE IN. Food was good could not taste MSG (might ask)