“Great food at a value price”
Review of Harley's Tropical Barbeque - CLOSED

Harley's Tropical Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Bellflower, California
“Great food at a value price”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Not fancy- basically a take-out window with outdoor seating. But they have great ribs, teri chicken or beef. The prices are really good and the staff is always friendly and nice. Beware of begging chickens!

Visited November 2012

Lillooet, Canada
“The Name Says It All”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been to Kauai around half a dozen times and it is one of the places we always visit. It is nothing fancy, but the food is good and the price is just as good. They usually have daily fish specials and we have never been disappointed, always fresh! We always go for the BBQ plates, two scoops of rice, papaya seed dressing garden salad, and your choice of BBQ. I would recommend the chicken and beef ribs. I would crawl on my hands and knees in the snow ... if there was any snow ... for an order of the beef ribs.
Before we had to go to LIH, our flight was at 22:05, so we ordered a couple of dinner plates, for the kids, to go ... I figured that I would pick something up at the airport ... big mistake ... next time order something from Harley's before you check in. Just a word of warning, make sure you have 10 to 15 minutes to wait because, they cook everything fresh ... which is a good thing!

• Visited September 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“Very Tasty Sidewalk Fare”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Being on the go from early morning to late at night, I found eating to be more a necessity than an event. However, I also want to sample local offerings, and I disdain eating at chain restaurants.

While walking around the Coconut Marketplace, and passing a number of unappealing eateries, I spied Harley's. I don't know why it stood out - it's essentially a shack with two windowed sides and several picnic tables out front. I walked up and looked at the menu.

Wow, this is not your run-of-the-mill BBQ joint, I thought. I finally chose the sliced teriyaki beef plate, with a side of (two scoops) rice. In short order, my name was called and I picked up my plate, drink, utensils and straw, and sat at one of the tables. The paper plate was so full I was afraid it might collapse under the load. Fortunately, it did not.

The food was excellent! This was exactly the kind of place I was looking for: fast, casual, tasty and local. On my next trip to Kaua`i I will put stopping at Harley's on my to-do list, for sure!

Visited September 2013
“Good food, good value”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

First visit I had a mahi wrap which was fresh and had lots of fresh veggies inside too, like a tasty piece of art! Next visit had teri beef plate, great sauce, not too sweet, and also shrimp spring rolls. Huge portions, excellent food, great location in coconut market place, the outside looks a little ratty, but don't be fooled. awesome!

• Visited August 2013
“Wonderful food and value!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Outdoor food hut located in the coconut market. The food was well priced and very good! We loved the BBQ beef and pork ribs! You can either eat there it take it to go. Super convenient if you are staying at the Aston islander on the beach.

• Visited August 2013