“First night in kauai”

The Eastside cafe
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Eastside , located in the heart of downtown Kapaa HI offers a unique Pacific Rim dinner menu featuring an exquisite selection of seafood entrees as well as steak, pork and chicken. Lunch/Dinner prices range from $10 to $40 per entrée and offers a full bar and nightly music.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very friendly and informative staff. Our dinners were extremely fresh fish. I had ahi tuna and it was prepared the way it should be and my husband had Mahi Mahi and it was great.
The food was all very well prepared and flavorful.
We had a very enjoyable evening.

There are newer reviews for The Eastside cafe

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This weekend we ate at the Eastside Cafe for the third time. What a great evening! The food was superb, the staff was great and even live music. Personally I have to tell you that the Ahi was to die for and for dessert we had the Volcano...wow, erupting lava and all! We would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

1  Thank sage m
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Vacationing on Kauai is not cheap. We were accustomed to pricey meals, but this place...
They must be very impressed with themselves. I had dinner there one night last week with my two daughters. None of us were that excited with our meals. I mean, they were just ok, but for the price go to Kauai Pasta or the Hukilau Linai. Way better food for the price.

2  Thank Melanieames
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am not a big ahi poke person, but my husband is..I was going to get the ceasar but decided to leave my comfort zone... im so glad I did!! Ive never eaten such amazing and fresh tasting food. DoNOT let the short menu hinder you. Ahi, calamari, caprese surprised this Texas girl! Chef Shawn with his flops and board shorts came out to meet us and ended our meal with the amazing crem brulee. We will be returning on this trip and every trip to come!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Good food but a VERY popular place. Make reservations and go on an off night. The staff are running as fast as they can but can only keep up so much with that many people wanting to get in. Interesting dishes, big portions, and great presentation. If you go on a weekend at dinner just be prepared for a bit of a wait. Worth it though.

1  Thank Jeff M