“Great food in Kapaa”

The Eastside cafe
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Eastside , located in the heart of downtown Kapaa HI offers a unique Pacific Rim dinner menu featuring an exquisite selection of seafood entrees as well as steak, pork and chicken. Lunch/Dinner prices range from $10 to $40 per entrée and offers a full bar and nightly music.
Litchfield Park, Arizona
“Great food in Kapaa”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We found this place on a whim and tried it- could not have been better! Seared Ahi Tuna was amazing as well as the Hula Hula Chicken! Great sides with both means as well- delish sweet rice with the Tuna and our if this world potatoes with the Chicken! The prices are pretty high but unlike a lot of innovative cuisine restaurants the portions here are pretty big, definitely worth a try if you are in Kapaa!

Hamilton, Ohio
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Food was delicious. Desserts out of this world. A little pricey but well worth it. Service was fantastic. Only negative was no bathroom.

• Visited January 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Fantastic Food! Nice Service.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Food at the Eastside was a highlight of our stay, and by far the best meal out during our time in Kauai and Kapaa. The food was a classic fusion of Hawaiian and Japanese / Asian cuisine, coming wonderfully fresh fish with Japanese ingredients in surprising new ways. Tempura avocado with tuna tataki and ponzu dressing. Wow! Mixed spring rolls with fresh shrimp. Yum! Desserts were great too. Service was good and surprisingly knowledgeable, maybe we just got the luck of the draw with our server but he was very well versed in the menu and ingredients. Fantastic.

Visited December 2012
Kapaa, Hawaii
“It's a sure thing!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Probably our favorite place to eat as locals. When we want to eat out and can't immediately decide where to go we just head to the Eastside. The service has always been polite and prompt, and the food has always been delicious. Not normally a fan of steaks served at restaurants, as a result of being a bit of a grill master myself, it's not uncommon for me to order their ribeye which always leaves me with a smile on my face. The only problem with my dinners has been that their appetizers have always been so good that my wife and I each order one to share and it doesn't usually leave much room for the main course. It's a lesson I have yet to learn but the fringe benefit is my un eaten dinner makes for a great lunch the next day.

• Visited February 2013
Kapaa, Hawaii, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm Local and I Love it”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is one of the consistently great eateries on the island. I have lived here a long time and almost every place has good and bad days. I have never had a bad meal at The Eastside and the ribeye is the best steak on the island. Take it from a Texas born transplant who misses great steak! You will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013