“Excellent!!”

The Eastside cafe
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Eastside , located in the heart of downtown Kapaa HI offers a unique Pacific Rim dinner menu featuring an exquisite selection of seafood entrees as well as steak, pork and chicken. Lunch/Dinner prices range from $10 to $40 per entrée and offers a full bar and nightly music.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellent from the tangerine martini to the mahi mahi to the mango cheesecake! Highly recommend! Service was very good too

There are newer reviews for The Eastside cafe

Reviewed November 24, 2012

While vacationing on Kauai we had dinner at the Eastside in Kapaa. We chose this restaurant after reading about it in the Ultimate Kauai guidebook. Located on the main road in Kapaa the restaurant is easy to find.

Among other things we have ordered the potato encrusted mahimahi and fried calamari. All the main courses and appetizers were excellent. I also ordered my favorite desert creme brulee with lemongrass which tasted kind of funky.

The service was excellent. The live entertainment was very good. To tell the truth, if it weren't for the creme brulle I would have rated this restaurant at 5 stars. Certainly a great place to have dinner.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a lovely time at Eastside restaurant. Great Mai Tai's. Fresh fish- we had the specials- It is a little pricey- but the entire island is generally expensive. Great for couples and quiet dinners

Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a find! We'd planned to eat elsewhere but happened on this place en route. The bar opens at 5:00, the restaurant at 5:30, and both the cocktails and entrees are yummy. The service was perfect and the whole experience really wonderful. I enjoyed the best ahi tuna (nice and rare) I've ever tasted and my wife said the same of her mahi mahi. You can bet we'll be back again before leaving Kauai!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We ate here twice during our stay on Kauai. The food is outstanding. Jacob, our server for both visits, was attentive, knowledgeable and very accommodating.

Cocktails are made with fresh squeezed juice. I tried the Tangerine martini and grapefruit cooler and my husband enjoy a few mai tais. I cannot recommend the pork belly steamed buns enough. We shared them as an appetizer during our first visit and enjoy them so much we ordered them again our second visit. Jacob knew how much I loved them and offered an order of 3, rather than 2, which was special!

Our entrees were also spot on, stuffed jumbo prawns, potato wrapped mahi, braised short ribs and something as simple as a chicken ceasar salad was quite delicious.

Atmosphere is nice, there is live music a couple nights a week, comfortable chairs and a nice view of the main street.

I highly recommend dining here.

1  Thank kerriheffel