“still one of the best places to eat in kapaa”
Review of The Eastside cafe - CLOSED

The Eastside cafe
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Eastside , located in the heart of downtown Kapaa HI offers a unique Pacific Rim dinner menu featuring an exquisite selection of seafood entrees as well as steak, pork and chicken. Lunch/Dinner prices range from $10 to $40 per entrée and offers a full bar and nightly music.
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Yes, the brothers moved onto bigger and better things...(gaylords) but they still oversee the eastside. We still drive down the hill to our local place to eat on a regular basis ..... and its still good. In fact, the food is very good. The fish is always well cooked and inventively prepared. Yes... there is no music now and it does effect the ambience... but not the stomach. Service is variable... it depends on who serves you. Jacob is excellent and always does a great job of serving customers as fast as his legs will carry him... and always with aloha. The shrimp and scallop rolls are still to die for... the pork belly buns are also very good. The chef.. joseph, is coming into his own now and I'm looking forward to seeing what other culinary delights he comes up with.

1  Thank poseyboy0962
There are newer reviews for The Eastside cafe

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stopped in late for dinner and was not dissappointed - decent food; decent price; easy parking.

1  Thank uniquepartofparadise
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We celebrated my daughter's 23rd birthday here with dinner, during our recent visit to Kauai. Initially we were a bit skeptical because usually the place looked empty when we walked by. But it really fills up and night, and true to one reviewer's comment, it is the best (at least that we had) food on the island for dinner, and that is not a corporate hotel/resort type atmosphere.

We enjoyed several starters and and salad, and the service was excellent - fast and attentive but not too over bearing. Also, there were a few families with small children dining that night, and it is suitable for folks who want to be served quickly but also enjoy a more adult atmosphere. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Cathy909
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Me and my girlfriend had our diner there on a Friday night. The place was busy but we didn't have to wait very long for a table. I ordered the pricey chocolate and coffee ribs ($32) and was a bit upset by my pick. It was dry and I couldn't really feel the flavors. So I would not recommend it! On the other hand my girlfriend picked the Huli Huli chicken and it was delicious. Staff is friendly but we felt like we were rushed and service could have been at a lower pace.

1  Thank Christophe L
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Had dinner here on a Friday night with our kids. Nice relaxed atmosphere with good live music. It was surprisingly not busy, but we just heard that the chef and manager from Eastside moved to Gaylord's. Still, the food was very good, but the prices are too steep for the island. There's no kids menu, which was okay since we ordered appetizers for the kids (pork belly buns, spring rolls, ribs). My husband's ahi was cooked perfectly and I liked my mac nut mahi mahi. For dessert, you must get the warm apple volcano - amazing. Overall, great dinner but too pricey to return.

1  Thank SCJ49