“The Big Ta Do About NOTHING”

Deep Sea Fishing Kauai
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Bait should have been on the boat and ready to go fishing,,,,head boats have there stuff together better than this,,,waist of money ,,,rip off ,,,,dont go with this boat, yea i said bait should have been on boat ,ready to use,,,when your paying 200.00 apiece

6  Thank Ramey F

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We went out today an right off the bat caught a few mahi mahi an hour later we got to the fishing grounds and and began Reeling in some 8 to 10 pounders. It was my first time deep sea fishing and they had me going pretty quick I had a really large one on the line but fought it too hard and it broke free. Listening will improve your success. These guys are consistent in what they do. The trips leave from Port Allen not Kapaa.

4  Thank Mark H
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We booked 2 private charters, a 4 hr and an 8 hr 2 days later, had the best time even though fishing was slow, we ant out with captain Bill and deckhand Andy both days and these guys were definitely pros, got us on fish when the other charters were coming back empty handed, 1st day we got a beautiful 40 lb bull Mahi Mahi, second day we landed another Mahi Mahi and 3 skipjack tuna. As for the negative reviews, ignore them, these people obviously don't know sport fishing. We used both of Captain J's boats and they are both well kept, not brand new but well looked after and clean, thanks to Bill and Andy for the great 2 days fishing

3  Thank Dale W
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family and I (group of 5) went out on one of their boats with Captain Rob and Deckhand Jeff for a 6-hour trip. What a success! We do fish a lot on the mainland and understand that we might not have caught anything, but to be on a boat in beautiful Kauai... that's a memory we will never forgot!

We got lucky, though! We caught 3 Mahi Mathis and one Wahoo. We did catch some small yellow fin, but you gotta throw those guys back so they get big later. We caught the Wahoo quickly on our trip, followed by quiet, and finished with a bang when the captain spotted a large log. The lines wouldn't stop, and it was crazy! What fun, though!

The crew was very knowledgeable about fishing in the area, and Jeff kept us informed as to the plan throughout the trip so we stayed informed. The crew was friendly and definitely knew what they were doing. If you're planning a trip to Kauai and enjoy fishing, you've gotta fish with these guys! Again, even if you don't catch anything, you will have a beautiful view of the island!

1  Thank ASveum
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

My second fishing charter with this group. My wife and I took the "six hour share with the four person max" charter. This is a good selection as there are no more than four people so you get more than one rod. Six hours gives you the opportunity to find the fish and the rate was manageable. The captain (Robbie) and crew (Jeff) we're great. They were knowledgable and worked hard to get us a position to catch some fish. We caught a rare six foot Hebi that weighed close to 50 pounds. The fight was challenging to get that big guy into the boat. It was a "share" trip so the boat kept the valuable Hebi but they gave us a 15 pound Mahi that was caught earlier on another charter. The Mahi was awesome! They cut it into fillets for us and we had three meals for four people! Tip: Charter in the first part of your trip so if you get fish you have the chance to eat it! I won't even try any other charter when in Kauai. Proof these guys are good is that they have added a second boat since my first trip in 2011 and they are looking for a third boat now! Demand is up so book early.