“Black rotted potato”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2012

First clue should have been that there were waiting lines at other restaurants but this place had only 3 other tables there. My husband ordered sushi which was mediocre. I ordered prime rib and baked potato. The meat came and it was barely warm. About ten minutes later the server came to my table to show me a baked potato that was BLACK and rotten inside because he wanted me to know he did order it. (who does that?). About 10 minutes later the second baked potato came and it was over microwaved and like a rock. I saw the server show the owner and he just shrugged. Never eat here.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The atmosphere is nice, but very hot and humid inside with no air. We had breakfast there. My omelet was great, but the other's fruit plates were awful. Fruit was either over ripe or too green. Fruit at grocery store was much better. $11 for bad fruit was not a good experience. Service was not good. They were slow and still did not keep our coffee full. It took forever to get our food.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Island Palm is open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. We stopped by for an evening meal. The service was not the best, the one waiter seemed a bit stretched. My husband ordered beef teriyaki and I had chicken teriyaki. Meals came with salad bar, were accompanied with a shredded cabbage base and 'sticky rice'. The food was very good and plentiful, if a bit salty. The prices were the most reasonable we have found so far. The atmosphere was island-centric and pleasant. In short, we were pleased with our experience.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We came here for our last day in Kauai. The atmosphere was quiet. Too quiet. There was only 1 other couple eating here. The staff was friendly, and I ordered the tempura. It was average, something you can get at any Japanese restaurant. We should've eaten elsewhere.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were in Kauai for 2 weeks and this was our favorite breakfast restaurant by far. The food was always fresh and perfect. A better staff could not be found. They were so hospitable and helpful.

Roberta