“Inexpensive fun!”

Coconut Coasters Beach Bike Rentals
Ranked #12 of 49 Outdoor Activities in Kapaa
More attraction details
Owner description: Coconut Coasters Beach Bike Rentals in N. Kapa'a offers a full selection of TREK brand classic cruisers, 3 speed cruiseliners, Tandems for two and trailer bikes for kids. Helmets and bike locks are included in rental prices and the renters can ride out on their own around town or on the new east side path. The ride on the newly opened bike path offers breathtaking views, starting in south Kapa'a and winding north past downtown up to Kealia Beach. Covered picnic areas, bike racks, and comfort stations are located at reasonable intervals along the way. Visit restaurants, shops and many amazing beaches on this self guided ride on the Coconut Coast. Picnic lunches are available upon request by calling 808-822-7368.
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We rented from Coconut Coasters for two hours. It was such a fun, beautiful ride along the coast (we saw whales) that we rented again the next day!

1  Thank CoLeeC

Reviewed January 7, 2011

This was a very fun thing to do in Kapaa, Kauai. We rented a tendem bike from Coconut Coasters, which is located right on the bike path. We called ahead to reserve the tandem since they have only two tandems. Lots of other bikes though. The people at Coconut Coasters were some of the friendliest people we met on this trip. The bike ride took us along the coast through rain and sun. The views were beautiful. With an hour and a half we had just enough time to go one direction. Two hours might have been a better option. I suggest you don't wear your best clothes because the path can get wet with red dirt and if you ride on the backseat of the tandem...well anyway try for the front seat. We met part of the family that runs this business after our ride. Good people. The owner even helped me out with some change so I could get a iced tea. Thanks. A little kindness goes a long way with me. I would recommend this experience as one to make sure you squeeze into your schedule.

Reviewed January 5, 2011

We suddenly decided to take a bicycle tour one evening in Kauai. We couldn't have picked a better place than coconut coasters. The tandem bike that we requested over phone was ready when we came. We were given helmets, a bike basket and a lock, all free of cost. The cost of bike rental was about $16/hour. We took about an hour and a half to complete the entire coconut coast bike trail.
The trail was magnificent and we had a lot of fun! For couples, I would definitely recommend renting a tandem bike instead of 2 separate bikes. Tandem was absolutely fantastic. Choose coconut coasters and I'm sure your day will be made. Ours was!

Reviewed October 28, 2010

Friendly service. Located close to bikepath and restaurants. My wife and I choose to ride the tandem bike and loved every minute of it. Will do again in a heartbeat. Plenty of stops along the way for pics and rest. Probably the cheapest fun thing to do while on the island. Be sure to pack water and maybe lunch if you rent for a half day (4hours) or full day. Also, don't forget your sunscreen! Only downside was that I wish the path was longer.

1  Thank JustJoshin
Reviewed September 25, 2010

This is a great place to rent bikes. I made our reservation over the phone the day before with Angelo. He returned my message promptly. He was very friendly and informative. When we picked up our bikes, Spark was there. He was also very friendly and informative. He gave us some suggestions about where to ride. Their love of biking and for Kauai shows in their service. The shop is also located right at an entrance to the bike path that runs along the beautiful coastline.

1  Thank KTBNY