“Great for kids!”

Coconut Coasters Beach Bike Rentals
Ranked #10 of 50 Outdoor Activities in Kapaa
More attraction details
Owner description: Coconut Coasters Beach Bike Rentals in N. Kapa'a offers a full selection of TREK brand classic cruisers, 3 speed cruiseliners, Tandems for two and trailer bikes for kids. Helmets and bike locks are included in rental prices and the renters can ride out on their own around town or on the new east side path. The ride on the newly opened bike path offers breathtaking views, starting in south Kapa'a and winding north past downtown up to Kealia Beach. Covered picnic areas, bike racks, and comfort stations are located at reasonable intervals along the way. Visit restaurants, shops and many amazing beaches on this self guided ride on the Coconut Coast. Picnic lunches are available upon request by calling 808-822-7368.
Minneapolis
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great for kids!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Good bike and helmet selection for all ages. Great service. He "fitted" us and made sure my husband and I and all 3 kids had the right size. We had an all day rental but didn't get there until after 12. Told him we still wanted the bikes, but needed to get the kids lunch. He suggested a sandwich shop 2 parking lots down that had great sandwiches (he was right), and said he'd put baskets on our bikes so we could carry lunch and have a picnic (there are shelters and picnic tables all up and down the path). Worked perfectly. He also put locks on all the bikes, should be need them.

By the way, if you're coming from Lihue, as we were, in Kapaa, you will pass a grocery store, Subway and Starbucks in a strip mall on your left just before downtown Kapaa and this shop - you could pick up picnic essentials there, too, before getting to the shop.

Anyway, you just pedal right out of his lot, onto the path. Great family activity. We got to stop and watch some surfers along the way.

The best part - although we'd reserved for all day, and we clearly cost him a morning rental of 5 bikes (they were sold out by the time we got there), he still only charged us for the half day we used them.

When you're done, head just south of his shop on the main drag and go to Hee Fat General Store for the best shave ice on the island (according to the guidebook as well as my 3 kids, who made it their business to sample many places)!

The bike ride was one of our favorite experiences the week we were in Kauai!

1 Thank 5ExpatsInAsia

Jackson, Michigan
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“so happy I rented from there”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I rented a bike online. Not sure what you get until you get there. I was completely happy with my bike and service..They even picked up my bike for me so I wouldn't have to walk back to my hotel.

Clovis, California
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Best Bicycle Rentals on Kauai”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I tried several bike rental shops until Bicycle John sent me to Coconut Coasters in Kapaa. He told me that he sold them some Trek mountain bikes for their rental fleet. I was able to rent the last one for my one week stay. They also provided a rental helmet, and optional basket for picnics. I was able to ride the roads and trails of Kauai in complete safety with the 7 speed Trek.
Other bike rentals were all one speed beach cruisers, as I needed something for hills and off road.

Victoria, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Good deal, scenic route”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

2nd time renters. Works for us. Has child trailer for our 2 year old daughter.
She fell asleep nearly right away, out like a log.

The bike path is approx 4 miles each way, right above the ocean. Great views.

Will do again. Will rent for them again.

Dallas TX
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Excercise”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The oceanside bike path is right behind the building and it is a beautiful ride. The prices are reasonable, the service is friendly, so it is easy to recommend this for anyone looking for some exercise with a view.

Visited February 2013