“Terrific!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The receptionist was adorable - she made us feel welcome immediately, the waiter was friendly and helpful and the bus boy/man was was responsive and friendly. Our food was delicious and was brought to the table fresh and hot! Even the cooks were friendly and thanked us as we left. Wish they had restaurant here in Honolulu - we'd go weekly!!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I love the food so much, every time I come to Kapaa I make sure I dine here. I've had food all over Mexico but never taste as good as Monico's. Yes it small but so are most of the other spots in town. Monico the cook take a lot of pride in prepping the meals so you get the same quality every time you eat here. I have been coming here for 45 + years (Kauai) and coming to Monicos for about seven years. I can see the staff cutting fresh fish in the kitchen so you know it coming to the table right from the sea, the pork is tender tender tender and soooo tasty, maybe they catch them daliy too and cook it fresh ☺. I Love the drinks and now they have happy hour from 3 to 5 pm. I've been here for the past two weeks and have eaten here six times, The staff is so cool and the food (fresh cooked ) is just what the doctor ordered. Please stay here for ever, don't grow any larger or get any smaller just stay the way you are.

Love from Tony & Juanita

1  Thank ANTONIO K
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The food is really good but the service stinks which kept us away except for once on our month long trip. Bad service is Huge and we're tired of speaking to the owner about it because this is one thing that remains consistent, bad service or rather service with an attitude! We simply don't like the way we feel when we're there, too bad cuz we love this place oh and if you're wondering if we did anything to deserve this, no all we did was sit down.

1  Thank Kauai30
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Monicos is a local authentic Mexican restaurant that offers tourist great food, a cool setting and good value for dinner. Seating inside and outside at picnic tables, guests get to relax with cold beer, nachos and a great meal. Portions are huge and inc. rice & beans. Service is fast & friendly but be warned it is popular and you may have a wait, but is well worth it

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Excellent meal at Monico's. Ingredients were fresh and delicious. I had the steak fajita's and they were amazing, steak marinated very well, salsa and homemade chips were great and the flavors were very authentic. Excellent service too! Highly recommend it!