“Took over an hour to get our order!”
Review of Monicos Taqueria

Monicos Taqueria
Ranked #14 of 128 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This place only has about ten tables, so even when they are "busy", there isn't much going on. It took over hour to get our food after we ordered. The meat had so much grisel that one member of our group just gave up and ate PB&J back at the hotel. Prices were average, but we will not be returning there.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great service, awesome food, wonderful location! The fish tostadas are scrumptious! Some of the freshest fish! Also, the pastor tacos are great! This place is a must!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was chatting with a sales clerk in a store in Hanalei and she told me to go to Monico's for the best Mexican food on the island of Kauai. Well I am from California, so I had to check it out. And it was well worth the trip. We sat at a picnic table outside (right on the highway), so forget "ambiance". After ordering it seemed a longish wait, though we did enjoy the terrific salsa and chips. But when the food came, I realized the wait was because they actually cooked each dish from scratch - no semi-prepared stuff microwaved.
The fish tacos had grilled whole scallops, shrimp, and fish fillet!!! The rice was zesty, but the frijoles were so tasty I ate it all (and I don't even like frijoles usually). The sauce on the tacos was so good I wanted to lick the plate. The price was reasonable and the food was amazing.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Excellent service every time we have eaten here. Chips and salsa are made fresh 2 times daily. Great Mexican food

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had the chicken burrito and loved how full of real chicken meat it was! Staff was very friendly. There was nothing to dislike.