“Not very good”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
california
“Not very good”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Food was way over priced and coming from san fran bay area, the food was not very good. I got sick from the pico de gallo. My husband and I shared a fajita meal and he had no pico de gallo, but i did and was sick all night. We went there because a couple at the hotel said it was good.

Denver, Colorado
“Quick lunch here prior to our Kayak Trip - Excellent!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We could not resist this restaurant. Located on a busy street with both indoor and outdoor dining. Home-made salsa was excellent! The "hot" sauce was soooo good! And come to find out a "hotter" sauce was available upon request. The mild salsa was also good. All salsa made fresh daily...some of the best we've ever had. Husband had chicken quesadillas and I had the fish taco's. Unbelievably DELISH! Food took a little while to arrive at our table. We were told there many orders prior to ours. When it arrived, it was amazing. Great attentive wait staff. Needed our check quickly to make our Kayak trip and our waitress was "on it"! We will definitely go back!

East Horsley, United Kingdom
“Little Mexico!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

A quick search on TA revealed this little gem. I quick call to see if we needed to reserve a table, unfortunately no for group sizes less than 6. Expecting to wait for a table, we chose to have a Margharita (great tasting one too!) before being seated. Very friendly staff. Its a busy little place, especially as they also do take away!

We waited for about 10 to 15 mins, and was worth it. Chicken Mole Enchiladas (home made Mole sauce) + Garlic Shrimp Quesadilla - delicious! as it was only a 5 min walk from the Islander on the Beach resort, I think we'll be back!!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your money. Service is terrible.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Waited for about 20 minutes to be seated. After we were seated they brought chips and salsa. Two cups of salsa or whatever that was, one very hot and the other almost tasteless! I had way better chips and salsa. Then waited for 40 minutes for the food! I think this was the longest I have ever waited for good at a restaurant!! It sucked. 40 minutes for two tacos and a burrito? The good was not even that great as people talked about it. Proportions were very small!
Then it took 10 minutes for them to bring our check. One of those restaurants I just wanted to get out of! Service at this place sucks.

1 Thank Amin S
Dallas, Texas
“Lively atmosphere, disappointing food”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were advised by the owners of the nearby house that we rented that this was a popular place for locals and that it has some of the best Mexican food on the island. If that is indeed so, we feel sorry for the residents of Kaua'i!

Like most of the restaurants we ate in while visiting Kaua'i, we found it to be understaffed with inexperienced and inefficient staff. While there were many people waiting outdoors to be seated, vacant tables sat unbussed. When we were finally seated, the service was friendly but inefficient.

As for the food, we found it very poor--perhaps because we are from Texas and have higher expectations about the quality of Mexican food. Perhaps some items on the menu are better than those that we chose. However, I would not return to this restaurant if I were to go back to Kaua'i.

1 Thank AloysiusDad