“Not at all representative of tasty mexican food”
Review of Monicos Taqueria

Monicos Taqueria
Ranked #14 of 129 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We ordered the crispy beef tacos and the chicken tostada. The food was bland, and lacked any taste. Either the food was pre cooked, or it was frozen, but in any event, it was very disappointing.
The service was good and friendly. We were very much surprised in the poor food quality given some of the past reviews!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Enjoyed the meal and the upbeat atmosphere. Busy place, service friendly. Watched the folks sitting outside, looked like they have some 'regulars'.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I love finding good fish tacos when coming to the islands. During this trip I had some great, good and had some really bad. Monico's won the "best fish taco" award during this stay. Tiki Tacos was a close runner up. My fiancé raved about their vegetarian burrito. Get there early (530ish). It gets busy quick.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We are frequent customers at Monaco's! It's truly the best on the island. Authentic, large portions and great menu selection. Everything we have tried is so flavorful and always cooked perfect! All the servers are nice and attentive, open seating but you have to sit inside for alcohol which is fine with their fun ambiance. The only negative I had was they don't have dessert :(
I recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We enjoyed the fresh seafood nachos with excellent pico-de-gallo, melted chesses, guacamole and creme fraiche. The beef and chicken floutas were excellent and the burrito was huge tender and very delicious. They make a very good margarita and mai tai. Please they serve mexican beer and soda, I would like to see some draft beers and the bar expanded. I can't wait to go back. The staff and folks that run the place are so friendly and welcoming - I felt at home.