“lots to eat and good too”
Review of Verde Restaurant

Verde Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 130 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Local fave spot.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

always a stop here for awesome food when I visit Kauai. the portions are more than generous and it has a family like atmosphere. would recommend this to be a stop for everyone visiting Kauai

Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We found this spot after reading many reviews of different places... and we were not disappointed!
We were exhausted and our 2.5 month old was very fussy. He started screaming when the meal came out and they kept our food warm while we took him outside and got him to sleep in his stroller. Half way through our meal he started to cry again and the waitress saw us trying to gobble our food... and she pushed him in his stroller for us so we could finish our meal. She even sang to him and got him back to sleep!
Oh... and the food was excellent. I LOVED the stacked enchiladas (I chose pork) and my husband got the Ono burrito which was very good as well. We will come back to verde for sure!

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I made our way to Verde after a long day of travel and quick trip advisor search. We coincidentally sat next to the owner and had some great conversation as our tasty drinks hit the table. This was followed by some of the best shrimp and ahi tacos around. Good service, relaxed atmosphere, and outstanding food!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

not sure what all the hype is about, its decent mexican food that is over priced even for kauai. The fish in the tacos was some of the worst Ive had on the island(granted that still means its pretty decent there is great fish on this island) and everything was extremely salty even for mexican food. The service was terrible, not sure if they are understaffed or if someone called out that night and they couldnt get a replacement but we waited forever for everything, my drink sat empty for over ten minutes which is a serious problem when the food is so salty. As a result my food got cold because I needed a refill before I could consume more salt and attempts to flag down the waitress or another waiter were futile. My dining partner did not even finish her food due to the salt and sub-par fish. On top of all this I ordered my food "as spicy as they can make it" which they apparently thought i meant salty but when I suggested to the waitress it wasnt even the least bit spicy she offered me some hot sauce, little did I know this hot sauce was an extra $2 dollars per small ramekin, that was a nice surprise on the check after a $15 crappy burrito

3  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went to Verde after it was recommended by fellow hotel guests. The wait was a little long because it's a small restaurant but it really was very tasty food. We had the fish tacos and they were amazing. The sauce was spicy and yummy and even our kids ate everything.