“Sopapillas on kauai!”

Ranked #8 of 125 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Local fave spot.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Who would have thought that you'd find sopapillas on Kauai! I was delighted and amazed to find this restaurant. Yes, they have great sopapillas with honey. Yum!

I also tried their stacked enchilada, which was way more than I could possibly eat (even without the sopapillas). I happily took some home for lunch the next day, since it was so good.

There are newer reviews for Verde Restaurant

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Having heard good reviews about this place, my boyfriend and I were determined to eat there. We searched a little bit around the area because the restaurant is like an outlet in a little mall and it is not well marked. The welcome was great and friendly! The staff brings you free nachos with two kinds of excellent salsa upon arrival! You have to order at the counter, the menu is displayed on the wall. The service is fast. The portions are generous, you must have to be hungry! The food is fantastic, delicious and not expensive! I recommend this place to all!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This place is delicious! Great service with friendly staff and a nice Hawaiian spin on (New) Mexican cuisine. My ahi tacos were delicious. Atmosphere is average, but the food more than makes up for it. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This place is small, overcrowded and not comfortable at all but...

The food is excellent and the staff is great.

The guy at the counter could teach a lot of major companies a whole lot about customer service. He was passionate, very attentioned to every single customers and very enthousiastic about his job. A bright guy with a smile the whole time we spent there. And we both appreciated our plates.

Not a nice place to sit down and relax but a great place to pick up good food and see passion in action.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Oylan (behind the register) wasn't lying when he was telling us about the ahi tacos. My wife asked for one of each, white fish taco and an ahi taco. I asked him which is best... His response, get the ahi otherwise when you eat it first, you'll wish you had another. He was right!

Fresh ahi and they nailed the accompanying. I wish I could tell you what else was in there but we were on the way to the airport, eating in the dark.

The other reviews were right about come hungry... Two tacos stacked with fresh fish and tasty fillings. After finishing off some to-go chips (awesome) I could only get one taco down. With that said, something that good can't be wasted. The car rental tram driver declined on my first offering and when I told him how great it was, he accepted on my second. (A lil Random Act of Kindness RAK)

This was the best ahi taco I've ever had, and I love me some fish tacos!