“Amazing!!”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We were in Kauai August 8-19 and visited Java Kai 3 times. It was so delicious - we kept going back! This is such a cool little cafe - we loved their coffee, smoothies, cinnamon rolls, muffins (especially the coconut muffin and carrot cake muffin!), and breakfast dishes. I got the dilly bagel and it was amazing. My husband loved their breakfast burritos. I highly recommend this spot - they have a lot of very healthy options for those of us who want to have a healthy start to the day!

There are newer reviews for Java Kai

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Come here! As simple as that! We ate breakfast here on a number of days and the girls at the counter were all lovely and friendly. The coffee menu was extensive and the food was hip and happening and simply delish. The place is arty and funky with lots of things on the walls to look at and plenty of locals coming in for their daily java or smoothies. The Belgian waffles were super yummy and the variety and designs of muffins and pastries simply incredible. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

What a shame! This place has a lot going for it (great location, cool space, good coffee and pastries), but the barista was not just uninterested in customer service-- she was downright chilly! Her demeanor towards to locals in the cafe was completely different. Others have posted reviews saying this place caters to locals and would rather tourists stayed out. I concur. Fortunately, there are other coffee places nearby who welcome the business of visitors (Small Town Coffee or even CoffeeTalk). I drank a record amount of coffee during a one week stay in the Kapaa area, with just the one (and last) visit to Java Kai. I'll gladly support more welcoming businesses during my next Kapaa visit.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

A funky, cool coffee shop with unique and delicious meals and drinks. Amazingly smooth yet bold Kona coffee. Gluten free and vegan muffins- we shared the Morning Glory. They also carry kombucha tea from Kauai Juice. Will definitely be back for breakfast or lunch! A T-shirt or coffee from Java Kai would also make a great souvenir.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Just had the most amazing gluten free morning glory carrot and walnut muffin. Loads of choices for me on the menu. Staff very friendly and lovely coffee too.