“So Hawaiian and So Fabulous”
Review of Java Kai

Java Kai
Ranked #5 of 124 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Hawaiian and So Fabulous”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Visited Java Kai at least four times this past June. Coffee drinks are, of course, really tasty and fresh. They never served "overdone" coffee - coffee that has been sitting on a burner too long. Their smoothies are filling and quite refreshing. After a morning of kayaking and snorkeling in Hanalei, I stopped by Java Kai on my way back to Poipu. I was really tired, but didn't want to pass up another chance to frequent this place. I was rejuvenated by a wonderful fruit smoothie. Love the fact that they offer non-dairy options for smoothies and coffee additives. (soy milk, almond milk, etc...) Their menu items for lunch and breakfast are also very good. Again, I really appreciate the fact that they have vegetarian/vegan choices. The atmosphere is so peaceful, relaxing and, forgive the touristy term, "Hawaiian." Staff are friendly and there is a lot of great local art on the walls. I know I will spend a great deal of time here when I return to Kauai.

• Visited June 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Wonderful and friendly.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This little place has amazing coffee drinks and fabulous pastries. I had a fresh plumberry iced tea that was delish. Friendly baristas. If today wasnt my last day on the island I would come here daily.

Visited October 2013
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Amazing breakfast and lunch! ”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We had breakfast there - fresh bagel and great smoothie. Everything is so fresh! We went back for lunch because it was so good. Lunch was even More amazing! Would always go there again - unfortunately they don't Open for dinner ...

Chicago, Illinois
“Punk Rock Coffee Shop in Kapaa”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Thumbs up. Their iced coffee was insane - with so many professional touches! Including huge ice cubes (slower to melt) made of iced coffee (less dilution). They know what they are doing. And I loved the punk vibe of the place. Will totally go back.

• Visited September 2013
Auburn, California
“Incredibly tasty food, and that's what makes them so busy!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We ate breakfast at Java Kai two mornings in Kapaa. The first morning we split a breakfast burrito, which was ok, but the thing that brought us back for breakfast again was seeing the beautiful macadamia coconut banana waffle someone else ordered. When we went back the second morning, we ordered one of these delicious waffles and ordered a power bowl, which included poached eggs, beets and pesto. My husband loved his power bowl, and we both loved the waffle, too. Prices were reasonable...about $6-$10 per item. Because it was so busy there when we went, there was a good wait for our food, but our patience was rewarded with their tasty breakfasts.

• Visited August 2013