“Drinks are great, baked goods better”
Review of Java Kai

Java Kai
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Kapaa
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I like the large variety of drinks. But what makes us keep coming back is the baked goods. I won't tell you our favorite because they're always sold out by lunch, I don't want them to be sold out any earlier!

1  Thank halfmarathon

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

A great vibe, fast service and the perfect power up for an island adventure. The apple blueberry bran muffins have brought me back here twice. Coffee is very good as well, though I'm not a pureblood coffee drinker. The breakfasts coming out of the kitchen looked yum as well.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Terrific latte and comfortable atmosphere. Good place to hang out and chat with friends. I would go back.

1  Thank SaraMae50
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've said this in many of my Kauai reviews, but I've been coming here yearly for over 16 years. Hands down my favorite coffee shop on the island! Awesome espresso drinks, amazing fresh smoothies (get the go green, best ever!), fresh baked pastries (I don't know which is my favorite), and this year I tried the breakfast sandwiches, and falafel wrap for lunch. Amazing. I think that's all I need to say. And the eclectic atmosphere is a bonus. I noticed this year they had remodeled a bit - nice job!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Here is a place that is open early and seemingly a little more affordable, offering bagels, sandwiches, scones, etc that aim to please. The service was fairly quick and agreeable, a good place to stop in on the way to an early morning adventure on The Garden Island!