“Yum Muffins!”

Java Kai
Ranked #6 of 124 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Long Beach, New York
“Yum Muffins!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

A great vibe, fast service and the perfect power up for an island adventure. The apple blueberry bran muffins have brought me back here twice. Coffee is very good as well, though I'm not a pureblood coffee drinker. The breakfasts coming out of the kitchen looked yum as well.

• Visited April 2013

Oakhurst, California
“Great Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Terrific latte and comfortable atmosphere. Good place to hang out and chat with friends. I would go back.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank SaraMae50
Chicago, Illinois
“Coffee lovers, go here!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've said this in many of my Kauai reviews, but I've been coming here yearly for over 16 years. Hands down my favorite coffee shop on the island! Awesome espresso drinks, amazing fresh smoothies (get the go green, best ever!), fresh baked pastries (I don't know which is my favorite), and this year I tried the breakfast sandwiches, and falafel wrap for lunch. Amazing. I think that's all I need to say. And the eclectic atmosphere is a bonus. I noticed this year they had remodeled a bit - nice job!

• Visited March 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Convienent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Here is a place that is open early and seemingly a little more affordable, offering bagels, sandwiches, scones, etc that aim to please. The service was fairly quick and agreeable, a good place to stop in on the way to an early morning adventure on The Garden Island!

• Visited January 2013
Redlands, California
“Freakishly good coffee & treats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I read about this place in one of those cheesy tourist magazines but decided to check it out anyway. This place is awesome!!! Not only is their coffee amazing, but they have crazy good drink selection from smoothies, teas, frozen coffees, etc and they have all kinds of pastries and food with vegan and gluten free selections as well as the full fat tasty stuff :) they also have these rockin' skull t-shirts that had quickly become my favorite tee ever. I am still looking for a place that makes as good of drinks but since I can't I guess I'll have to go back to Java Kai in Kauai again :)

• Visited November 2012