“Great guide and great trip”
Review of Kayak Wailua

Kayak Wailua
Ranked #1 of 49 Tours in Kapaa
More attraction details
Owner description: Our kayaking/hiking guided tour adventure is one of the few activities which can be enjoyed by all members of your family including grandma and grandpa. We invite you to read our 2000+ reviews; then check availability and reserve space at our website linked here on Trip Advisor.
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Tenada, or T as she likes to be called, was a wonderful and safe guide. The hike to Secret Falls was very muddy and slow going but T never rushed us. Once we got there she let us have as much time as wanted for swimming and pictures. The kayak part of the trip was fun and easy. Safe enough for our 2 grand daughters. T made all of this happen. Thank you!

Gay Ann and Charlie

Write a ReviewReviews (2,468)

Reviewed July 4, 2014

What an awesome experience! We did this trip as a family (with 4 kids- ages 3,7, 10, and 12). We had an absolute blast and my kids will always remember this adventure! There was a ton of mud but my kids loved it. Our guide "Kyle" was very knowledgeable and encouraging. Kayak Wailua was very organized and Kyle contacted us before the trip to make sure we were prepared and had all the right attire, etc. The price was exceptional. We cannot recommend this company enough. Fabulous!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had such a great day with our tour guide Lisa!!! This trip was so much fun! My husband booked it so I had no idea how muddy it would be. I just thought we were Kayaking and hiking! Would not have worn my white tank! LOL!!! Lisa was so much fun and so knowledgeable about the terrain & nature! We had a blast trekking through the mud. My daughter Molly decided to completely mud dive...covered from the neck down! Lisa was so amazing to recognize her for her adventurous side and made her a bracelet out of tree bark! The kayaking was fun, the hiking was easy and rewarding! The secret falls were absolutely breathtaking!!!! SO HAPPY we booked this trip! On a side note: The property and equipment was spotless. There is a spot-a-pot on property for bathroom use. I wasn't so psyched about that, but when I had to use it.....I was surprised it was cleaner than most bathrooms I had used. It had a trap to keep the smell out and a pleasant smelling flush liquid....so clean it was obvious that ladies run this show!!!!! SO ABSOLUTELY PLEASED!!!! Thank you Kayak Wailua and Thank you LISA for one of our favorite days on the trip!!!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was so wonderful! We have done many kinds of activities around Kauai and the islands, and this was one of the best! Reliable company, beautiful kayak and hiking, and Kawika as a guide/leader was informative and had a great sense of humor, as well as being able to add local info. I can't give them enough of a recommendation, would do it again in a heartbeat.

E.cupo

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We kayaked and hiked while on Kauai last week...great equipment, easy access, knowledgeable and friendly guide (Kawika) and the waterfall swim was the ultimate payoff! Thank you for helping us make great memories in this beautiful location! I would definitely recommend shoes with good traction for the hike as the terrain is pretty slick. Fortunately there were "leftover" shoes at the starting point for us to borrow from as we came unprepared.