“THANK YOU LISA for one of our favorite days on Kauai”
Review of Kayak Wailua

Kayak Wailua
Ranked #1 of 49 Tours in Kapaa
More attraction details
Owner description: Our kayaking/hiking guided tour adventure is one of the few activities which can be enjoyed by all members of your family including grandma and grandpa. We invite you to read our 2000+ reviews; then check availability and reserve space at our website linked here on Trip Advisor.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had such a great day with our tour guide Lisa!!! This trip was so much fun! My husband booked it so I had no idea how muddy it would be. I just thought we were Kayaking and hiking! Would not have worn my white tank! LOL!!! Lisa was so much fun and so knowledgeable about the terrain & nature! We had a blast trekking through the mud. My daughter Molly decided to completely mud dive...covered from the neck down! Lisa was so amazing to recognize her for her adventurous side and made her a bracelet out of tree bark! The kayaking was fun, the hiking was easy and rewarding! The secret falls were absolutely breathtaking!!!! SO HAPPY we booked this trip! On a side note: The property and equipment was spotless. There is a spot-a-pot on property for bathroom use. I wasn't so psyched about that, but when I had to use it.....I was surprised it was cleaner than most bathrooms I had used. It had a trap to keep the smell out and a pleasant smelling flush liquid....so clean it was obvious that ladies run this show!!!!! SO ABSOLUTELY PLEASED!!!! Thank you Kayak Wailua and Thank you LISA for one of our favorite days on the trip!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,473)

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was so wonderful! We have done many kinds of activities around Kauai and the islands, and this was one of the best! Reliable company, beautiful kayak and hiking, and Kawika as a guide/leader was informative and had a great sense of humor, as well as being able to add local info. I can't give them enough of a recommendation, would do it again in a heartbeat.

E.cupo

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We kayaked and hiked while on Kauai last week...great equipment, easy access, knowledgeable and friendly guide (Kawika) and the waterfall swim was the ultimate payoff! Thank you for helping us make great memories in this beautiful location! I would definitely recommend shoes with good traction for the hike as the terrain is pretty slick. Fortunately there were "leftover" shoes at the starting point for us to borrow from as we came unprepared.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We went on this trip with a group of 7, the day was very rainy which made the later hike very muddy. When we arrived, we were greeted with smiles and some quick tips about the hike, including changing shoes due to the rain. This was a very good recommendation for our group as it made the hike much more enjoyable. Our tour guide was outstanding and extremely, friendly,like accommodating our needs including having a senior in the group as well as providing us life jackets. The kayak voyage was not hard and it was very scenic to see the river and the hills around the area. Kyle was extremely knowledgable and provided us a lot of information not only about our hike but about the island as a whole. The hike itself was very muddy and slippery, but Kyle was able to help us reach the waterfall safely. The waterfall was very much worthwhile and definitely worth the trip. The trip back was very smooth and the whole trip took about 4 hours. Overall an outstanding experience, thank you Kyle!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had a wonderful experience with Kayak Wailua. A slight mix-up with the reservation was quickly resolved and we we given upgraded kayak seats for a different time. The weather was a bit wet but the staff was well-prepared with loaner shoes to use for the muddy trail conditions. Our guide - Kyle - was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of both the natural flora as well as the best bets for dining and other attractions. We would definitely go with Kayak Wailua again. A great experience at a reasonable price.