“Thanks for a fantastic day Lisa and Kayak Wailua”
Review of Kayak Wailua

Kayak Wailua
Ranked #1 of 49 Tours in Kapaa
More attraction details
Owner description: Our kayaking/hiking guided tour adventure is one of the few activities which can be enjoyed by all members of your family including grandma and grandpa. We invite you to read our 2000+ reviews; then check availability and reserve space at our website linked here on Trip Advisor.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was a wonderful way to spend the day on Kauai. I highly recommend this activity and Kayak Wailua. The staff was very friendly and full of helpful information. If you can request Lisa, she was an amazing guide and super knowledgeable. I don't think there was a plant on the trail she couldn't name. The Kayak and hiking portion where the perfect amount of time and length. We got to relax next to a beautiful waterfall, enjoy our lunch, and take a little dip. I have been to Kauai many times and this guided tour was one of my favorites. Many Mahalos to you Lisa and Kayak Wailua for providing such a fantastic day!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,474)

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Lisa did an amazing job entertaining, guiding and informing. Her knowledge of the local flora & fauna was impressive and her love for Kauai, nature, beauty and people was evident. I was somewhat nervous about my abilities for both the hiking and the kayaking, but both were accurately described by whomever answered the phone when we booked (the owner, I think). I had a lot of fun and never felt overly challenged. The whole experience was topped off by seeing rainbows rounding river bends on the paddle back. I would highly recommend this experience and suggest you ask for Lisa (and rainbows)!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Our kayak adventure could not have been better! Kawika took such great care of us, and really made the trip fun and educational. There were 5 of us and 3 others and Kawika had memorized all our names before we hit the water. We felt as if we were on a private tour the whole time. The price was very reasonable. Mahalo for such a memorable time! Aloha

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is one of the best guided hikes I have ever taken, and the value for price was outstanding. Kawika was our friendly and helpful guide for the paddle and hike to a120 foot waterfall, where we swam and lunched. The kayaking was on the smooth Wailua River, with no strong current in either direction. Then a generally level hike along the river to the falls. Muddy trail, but that's hiking in Hawaii! And no bugs. Don't miss this when you are in Kauai!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The tour itself is well designed. A bit of kayaking, a bit of fun hiking through the mud, a swim at Secret Falls. It is perfect. The trip asks a bit of you physically, but you don't feel strained and the tour never felt rushed. David was a wonderful guide - helpful, fun, and easy-going. Having grown up on the island, he was very knowledgeable about the plants we passed and gave us a ton of insight on the surrounding areas. Today will rank as one of the best on my trip! I recommend it to beginning as well as advanced kayakers and all nature lovers.