“Must do while on Kauai!”
Review of Kayak Wailua

Kayak Wailua
Ranked #1 of 50 Tours in Kapaa
More attraction details
Owner description: Our kayaking/hiking guided tour adventure is one of the few activities which can be enjoyed by all members of your family including grandma and grandpa. We invite you to read our 2000+ reviews; then check availability and reserve space at our website linked here on Trip Advisor.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Out of all the tours I really enjoyed the kayaking because it included a beautiful hike and amazing waterfall. But what brought it all together was Andy our guide so informative and knowledgable about everything! A must do on your list!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I did the trip and loved it. The kayaking was super easy on the way up the river and only a little challenging on the way back. The hike to Hidden Falls was easy and serene. David, our guide was great! He was very informative and his love for the Island showed in his descriptions and explanations. There was no rushing and he let the group set the pace. Don't miss this opportunity! Ask for David and tell him thanks for the memories, both mental and material???

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing time. Our guide, Andy, was extremely knowledgeable and knows a ton about the history of the island. If you have a chance to go on this tour ask for Andy and tell him Gil and Susan from NY sent you!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We loved our tour. There were 9 people, plus our amazing guide, Lisa. 5 of us were pretty good kayakers and the other 4 were a little slower. However, she let us go at our pace until we reached meeting points and we were able to relax and enjoy the scenery. The ride up river was pretty easy and relaxing. Once there, we did a fairly easy hike through jungle, and Lisa pointed out certain things along the way. You have to walk across some parts of the river, holding onto a rope and it's about knee deep (not dangerous at all). Once at the falls, you can swim, relax, eat lunch, take pics, etc. The kayak back was a little more difficult since you're going upstream. The slowest in our group was maybe 10-15 minutes behind us as they were first time kayakers. It didn't matter as you float at your own pace and enjoy the view.

If you can get Lisa, I highly recommend it, however I'm not sure if they allow you to reserve certain guides or not.

Also, the price for this company is way below the other companies and they do the same thing, though they may provide lunch. We suggest stopping at Subway in Lihue just before your trip.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I are both 30 and asked for single kayaks and they obliged. Got a great workout paddling up the river. Organization is top notch, professional, with GREAT gear unlike some others. Well worth the money. Andy, our guide, was fantastic, knowledgeable, approachable and funny. The guy could have been a PhD in natural history. Informative but not boring. If you have the time DO It!