“Don't Miss This”
Review of Kayak Wailua

Kayak Wailua
Ranked #1 of 50 Tours in Kapaa
More attraction details
Owner description: Our kayaking/hiking guided tour adventure is one of the few activities which can be enjoyed by all members of your family including grandma and grandpa. We invite you to read our 2000+ reviews; then check availability and reserve space at our website linked here on Trip Advisor.
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My boyfriend and I participated in Kayak Wailua's 4/4.5 hour trip. We kayaked and hiked to a waterfall and even had a chance to tree swing out over a river, something I'll try next time. Our guide, Renee was wonderful, she was knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I would recommend this trip to anyone who wants a great outdoor adventure while learning about the native Hawaiian flora, fauna and culture.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We rented a Kayak and found a hidden waterfall. It was quite a hike and I recommend wearing water shoes, but we had a blast. The Kayak company was friendly and helpful and recommended the tour for the price we wanted to spend.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I just wanted to say that the tour was great! It was one of the highlights of our trip. Our guide was Webster, as in the dictionary, and he had more energy than anyone I have ever met. He made sure that everyone was having a great time and kept us laughing. He also had great information about the flora and fauna of the island. He also showed us the wild pigs on the island!

All in all it was a great trip!

Thanks,

Tyler
Leavenworth, WA

1  Thank Tyler L
Reviewed November 19, 2011

A great value and an amazing experience! We checked into a couple of other options when we were selecting this tour. We looked at one that offered a lunch with the tour and I thought that would be nice and easy but being that that was about $35 more than this one I figured I could stop by one of the many local stores and pick up what I wanted to eat quite easily and save the myself a good $25. When I saw the others who had paid an extra $35 for their stale bagel I was super glad we made the decision to go with Kayak Wailua!

I can't really say what the best thing was about this tour because everything was so great. We received good instruction from our awesome tour guide, Web before we got into the van to take a quick trip to the boat launch. Once we got to the launch the guides got our kayaks into the water quickly and we were off for our 2.5 miles kayak trip to the hike. The 2.5 miles goes extremely quickly because you have the best entertainment along the way (Web the tour guide). Web does an incredible job at balancing the "informative" with the funny. He knows a ton about the island, being that he grew up there. He told us all about different plants, about other little tidbits along the way and then at the same time threw in a bunch of jokes.

Once we got to the hike I was amazed at his knowledge of the different plants and things. If you are looking for a nice super clean hike this isn't the trip for you. Being that it rains a lot in that area you should expect to get a bit muddy. It's a great idea to wear Keen's, Teva's or similar shoes because you will be walking through rivers and some mud.

This was certainly one of the many highlights of our trip!

1  Thank Brooke928
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We really enjoyed kayaking on the river and the short hike to Secret Falls. Renée was a great guide. She was very patient with us learning to steer our three-person kayak, since none of us had kayaked before. She is also knowledgeable about the local plants, history, and other interesting stuff along the trail. The whole experience was wonderful and we would certainly return if we get the chance.