“Great Location and Great Value!”

Classic Vacation Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalaheo
Classic Vacation Cottages
maryland
“Great Location and Great Value!”
Reviewed February 12, 2008

As a frequent traveler to Kauai and Kalaheo (family lives here) I was so pleased to find this place. It is only two miles from my folks and only minutes from either Poipou or Salt Pond. It is tucked away from all the traffic and hustle and bustle of the crowded tourist spots and you just cannot beat the value! The proprieter is as friendly and helpful as they come. You just cannot go wrong if you choose Classic Vacation Cottages for your next stay on Kauai.

• Stayed February 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank fishmanMaryland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2008

I have stayed with Classic Vacation Cottages twice once in 2005 at the Poipu property and recently in the Garden View #2 suite in Kalaheo of Dec. 2007. Looking for something affordable and homey both times, I have been very pleased with my stays. Chris always makes you feel welcomed and makes sure that you have enough towels. Also, having access to his golf club collection and being close to a golf course was a real highlight of my most recent trip. I am already thinking about my next one.

• Liked — Affordable and Comfortable
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
6 Thank DeekSleuth
Laguna Beach CA
Reviewed January 26, 2008

If you love Hawaii like we love Hawaii, then this is the place for you!!

We drove over to just check out the place and got a tour! Chris greeted us in the driveway and showed us all what was available. We quickly checked out of our noisy, hot over-priced "budget" hotel in Lihue and spent our last two night there at Chri's!! We should have s found this paradise earlier and saved over HALF of what the cheap hotel(hot plate as "kitchen") costs us! In stead of honking cars, people yelling and a noisy laundry room morning and night, our classic cottage came with the sweet sounds of colorful local birds and breezes thru the trees!!! Live Hawaiian-style, not a cheesy condo in Princeville! Comfortably lived-in cottages with a FULL KITCHEN!!!

Included are boogie boards, fins, snorkel/masks, umbrellas, and coolers for the beach! Come and go as you please, enjoy and peace out!!!!

Stayed January 2008
6 Thank snorkadore
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed January 23, 2008

We have just returned from our Hawaiian vacation. We spent 6 great days on the island of Kauai. We were looking for a bed and breakfast and found a good alternative at the Classic Vacation Cottages. We were lucky enough to find a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath house with everything we needed. It felt like we had our own vacation home because it was complete with all the amendities. Our host Chris was very friendly and helpful. He didn't hesitate to point us in the right direction no matter what we were looking for. He even told us about some other properties in the area when we asked about finding a place to stay closer to the beach for our next visit. If you're looking for a place that makes you feel like you're at home then we recommend Chris and the Classic Vacation Cottages.

• Liked — it felt like a vacation home
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank desertdweller3
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed January 13, 2008

Unlike the other comments, I had horrible stay..
It might be just this room (next to car garage),, don't take this one for sure!!

Con:
-Smell- I don't know what kind of smell.. )Maybe mold?)
It was intolerable. It was really smelly and bad. I had to cover my nose all night and spray perfume. Next day I sprayed air freshner very frequently in the room.
-Cleanliness- It was not very clean at all.. The fan was dirty. The shower room was so tiny (Ive never seen!) and not clean look at all. The kitchen area was full of dead little bugs. I had to clean appliances by myself really good because it was soooo dirty!

Pro:
-Location: close to Poipu.(nice beach) about 7-10 min.
-Owner was friendly.
-You can borrow coolers, fins, chairs.. (but not good condition..
I had to wash cooler really good. I recommend to bring your mask and snorkel.)
-Price was affordable on island.. I think.

• Disliked — Smell, Cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2007
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Kalaheo hotels

tokyo
Reviewed December 17, 2007

I stayed at Ohana House II for a couple of nights.
It was a large, comfortable cottage with reasonable price.
I had a great time there.

Their customer after care is also great... I left my cell phone at the cottage, and Chris's ( the cottage owner) help to get it back was greatly appreciated.

Stayed December 2007
17 Thank poco_jp
Kailua-kona, Hawaii
Reviewed December 3, 2007

As a traveling professional, I frequently require accommodations that are reasonably priced, comfortable and in a good location. Due to a project I am working with on Kauai, I have been traveling extensively to the island and frequently need last minute help with finding a room. I was fortunate to discover Classic Vacation Cottages through the recommendation of a friend and have made it my exclusive destination on Kauai. The Kalaheo and Poipu locations are a tremendous help to me and I am able to get to my jobsites without having to stay in Lihue or Kapaa. The various rooms I have stayed in are quaint, clean and quiet.

When I took some time off, I stayed as a vacationer and was thrilled to have access to beach chairs, mats, coolers, and all types of water gear. It is also very helpful to be able to use the kitchenettes to avoid the huge expense of eating out. Staying at the cottages made it possible for me to have a fabulous time without breaking the bank!!!

Additionally, Chris is a sincerely wonderful person. He is very knowledgeable about his island and is the most patient and considerate person one can hope to meet. The cottages are a remarkable value and Chris is a fabulous host.

• Liked — Price and Location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
21 Thank Keala R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalaheo
Garden Island Inn
#4 of 11 in Lihue
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,242 reviews
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Classic Vacation Cottages? Share your experiences!