“Not real Italian at all!”
Review of Pomodoro - CLOSED

Pomodoro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not real Italian at all!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I'm really disappointed of this Italian restaurant. I know to be in Hawaii and far away from Italy, but I'm sorry to say the people running the business know nothing about Italian food, passion and love. Don't go if you want to eat real Italian.

1 Thank Antodino80

Boise, Idaho
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is a small Italian restaurant upstairs in a small mall (Pizza hut is down stairs). Decent parking, good service, excellent wine list, very good food, a pleasant server. Jerri the was from northern NJ 35 years ago and can still make a fine meat sauce.

Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great service, okay food, pretty good prices”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The best thing about this restaurant was the service, hands-down. Everyone was friendly and we were repeatedly checked on; however, we didn't love the food. (Our favorite food item was the bread, actually, which we did really like.) I'm not sure if we're just spoiled with the Italian restaurants we're used to back home, but it just didn't quite do it for us.

Again, the service was wonderful with a really friendly atmosphere, so kudos to them on that!

• Visited December 2012
“A True Hole in the Wall”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

It is located in a tiny space in a small shopping center and boy is it tasty. I really enjoyed my entree. The service was excellent and it was well worth the stop.

California
“Yummy!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I love this restaurant! It's not much to look at from the outside, perched in a small shopping center above a pizza joint, but it is a winner. Owned by a couple, she hosts with warmth and great wine recommendations and he cooks alongside his Italian father. The place is small and cozy--the food really delicious--and the waiter a winner. I think Tim waits on all the tables all the time and he is actually so funny and enthusiastic, he is the floor show, too! (The perpetual special: little purses, stuffed with mushrooms, is to die for. If I ate it every day, that would be literally true!) I moved here from the Bay Area, am used to great restaurant choices, and have been here several times in the last few months. Let me put it like this, my family chose Pomodoro for my birthday dinner!

• Visited August 2012