“Great Food, Wonderful Ambiance.”

Kalaheo Steak & Ribs
Reserve with OpenTable
Kalaheo Steak & Ribs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Kalaheo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: HI-50 Kaumualii Hwy
Modesto, California
“Great Food, Wonderful Ambiance.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Having dined here several times, we thought we would really challenge them by having our Valentines Dinner here. We eagerly anticipated perfection, and received nothing less!! Three sittings were scheduled for the evening, (we chose the latest) and ours was ready right on time. Despite what had obviously been a busy night, the hostess and wait staff were fun and attentive. Our Prime Rib and Steak and Lobster entrees were perfectly prepared and presented. The specially prepared desert was so remarkable (visually and to the palate) it had to be shared on social media. All-in-all, one of our most memorable meals ever!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank EdWhitby8981

“Best ribs!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Delicious local restaurant. Old school atmosphere. Courteous staff. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for steak or ribs.

• Visited July 2014
Stansbury Park, Utah
“Wow!! Worth the Drive”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

In an era where the flavor has been bred out of most commercial beef, the owner of this establishment has found a local source where you can taste the "grass fed" cattle difference. But getting the right cut of beef is only half the challenge. It also has to be cooked well. And my steak tonight was cooked to perfection for me. Clearly the best Rib Eye I have had in several years (and I am a beef lover). This restaurant has a chef who understands how to cook steaks.

A bit about portion size. I have had bigger Rib Eyes for the price. But after the meal, I felt full... not stuffed. So... for my appetite... for this meal... the portion was exactly right for me.

But that is not why I have given this place 5 stars (only 7 other 5 stars in 10 years).

The appetizer was very good.

The vegetables that came with the entre were cooked to perfection and it was clear they were cooked when they were at their freshest.

The waitress was knowledgeable, attentive and very friendly and the owner was visiting all her customers and stopped by our table more than once to make sure we were having a good experience.

My wife had the Prime Rib and was pleased to find that it was served with real horseradish and not some sort of white creamy horsey sauce ;-)

Do yourself and those you care about a favor and make this fine establishment a "must visit" when on Kauai. It might be a ways from Princeville... but plan your trip to Waimea Canyon to include a stop in Kalaheo.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank CaptainStansbury
Maui
“Loved it!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

A little hard to find but if you're heading towards Lihue, look for the Catholic church on the right and hang a right at the next traffic light, which is Papalina Road and you'll see it on the left. Sunday evenings are fun with a live band playing in the saloon. The prime rib is pretty good but the baked pork chop and ribs are outstanding. Don't forget to look over the desserts!

Visited June 2014
“Quite the surprise!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

What a pleasant surprise! We used to frequent this restaurant years ago and stopped going when they changed hands and the quality went downhill. I'm very pleased to say that they again have changed hands only this time owner, Ernie Kanekoa, knows how to operate a great restaurant! The food is amazing! I had the ribs and they were perfect, great BBQ sauce, soft, succulent and quite generous. My husband got the fish and said it was the best meal on the trip. Actually, he's still talking about it! The service is great and everyone is so friendly you feel like you're family. Lots of locals eat here so you know it great! Full bar service and I believe live music in the bar area. You will NOT be disappointed with this restaurant!

• Visited May 2014