“Truly Awesome Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inter-Island Helicopters - Tours

Inter-Island Helicopters - Tours
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Hanapepe
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for maximum adventure on YOUR next vacation to Kauai, Hawaii? At Inter-Island Helicopters we want your flight to be the very best it can be! We feature Robinson Helicopters with GUARANTEED WINDOW SEATING, which has no middle back seats! This means everyone gets an amazing view. And by flying with the DOORS OFF, not only do you get the best view, you get exceptional photos - no glare. Experience the beauty of the island with us here at Inter-Island Helicopters. Try our WATERFALL ADVENTURE TOUR today!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Alexandria, Virginia
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“Truly Awesome Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

The doors-off helicopter tour of Kauai was a birthday gift from my brother and it was fantastic. It came early in our stay on Kauai and it was our greatest island adventure. We got the very best view and often the only view possible of this beautiful garden isle as we flew into Waimea Canyon, the dormant crater of Mt. Wai’ale’ale and just about every valley on Kauai. We flew over the tropical rain forest, “Bali Hai” and the beautiful Na Pali coast and saw incredible waterfalls in the interior that really can’t be seen any other way. Truly Awesome!

Though held securely by a safety harness, I was literally hanging out of the helicopter snapping pictures as fast as I could. The pilot knew this island like the back of his hand and took us as close as he could to almost every remarkable feature on the island. He gave us advance notice so we wouldn’t miss a thing. I couldn’t be happier. I highly recommend this tour but avoid it if you tend to get air sick.

Visited October 2012

Toronto
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was nervous about my first helicopter ride, and going doors off (recommended by a colleague for better photos) had me even more nervous. But our pilot Conrad kept a calm, steady narration that really put me at ease, even in the windy bits, and I completely enjoyed the experience. He has great knowledge of the island, gave me a lot more insight to Kauai. The views are fantastic. Next time, I think I'd aim for mid-day instead of mid-afternoon: our 3:30 lift-off resulted in some areas being too dark for clear photos. Fantasic experience I'll never forget!

Visited January 2013
Kalaheo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Helicopter Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Definately put this at the top of your activity list! We wanted to take a Helicopter tour while on our vaction to Kauai and picking one can be challenging. My brother recommended this tour after taking it last year. When calling to ask questions it was a wonderful experience to get such a pleasant knowledgable person! The open door experience was a plus! I would make sure you have more than just a long sleeve shirt at least a light jacket. This was my first time on a helicopter tour and I was worried about getting sick and didn't. I would recommend motion sickness pills if you are bothered with that. Our Pilot was very good in staying tuned in with everyone and explaining the area of Kauai. The experience of seeing the beautiful coast line to gliding over the whales and the breath taking waterfalls all make this tour with Inter-Island helicopters a definate recommendation! Remember your camera a cell phone camera is not allowed. You will be greeted by a friendly group and they will make sure all your tour needs are taken care of!

Visited January 2013
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“No doors experience is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

You have to take the no-doors experience for the following reasons:
1. You can see everything (left, right, top, bottom)
2. You feel like flying
3. Only four people on the helicopter including the pilot.

Is cold and windy but if you have a good jacket, this is an awesome experience.
This company has great service and was very good in setting our expectations.

Visited December 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I know it's winter, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I struggled with this review. I enjoyed the experience, despite the cloud cover.

The first reservation was postponed to later in the day, then the next day. I called to verify it was clear enough since the clouds looked to be covering the center of the island. "Oh sure! The pilot is confident it will clear," she said.

My wife tried her hardest, but as soon as the wind buffeted us on take-off she knew she wouldn't be able to handle it. The pilot was gracious enough to circle back and let her exit. I ended up with another couple, which took the price down by $50 since the first reservation was for a private tour. I think what spooked my wife is the tiny helicopter we ended up riding in. The MD500 "Deluxe" was being re-fitted, so we took the R44. I sat in front with a car-like seat belt instead of the crossover jet-type straps the video shows.

The Napali coast was beautiful, and we did see some waterfalls, but the crater and much of the Waimea valley was covered with rain and clouds. I understand it is "winter on Kauai," as one employee reminded us, but then we should have been given a discount, or the flight canceled as it was the day before. I regret I didn't get names.

The pilot was knowledgable and friendly, and the views excellent, I just didn't feel I got my money's worth.

Visited December 2012